Vb Disaster!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahhhhh this is the last thing i need at the moment! i hope they adjust the caustic soda amount to balance with the lower amount of malt used.

Give it a few years and it will end up like Bud and Miller :)

Not that I really care about VB, but this is further indication that the tax on beer needs to be overhauled as it has been in the wine industry. Should make an election issue out of who is going to make beer cheaper.

Mmmmuuuuhahahhhhaaaaaa.

Nearly spat my coffee out when I read this little gem -
"It certainly doesn't affect the taste, which is very important to our VB drinkers,"

A great start to the morning, love a good laugh.

176257778_21f7d1ee89.jpg

"The taste will stay exactly the same. Our master brewers have done a lot of work to make sure of that."
:D

Thus proving that to the big guys it's about money, not producing a consistently good product, not that VB was a good product anyway

Heard this on the bus radio this morning.
Mentioned to my wife that this is the result of letting accountants run the brewery and bad tax laws for breweries. The tag line of their will be know change in taste as hilarious. There is no taste to change :p

From memory though they have steadily been reducing the alcohol content for the last five years anyway. Maybe their interim attempt was VB Mid in the hope that would take market share from VB and save them money.

Doc

...pointing out to ones spouse the downside of allowing an accountant to run a brewery!

the sweet irony!

OH NOES! :( :(

They're changing something in VB!

It is the end of the world!
(Well, according to the news.com article anyway... :p )

I had a quiet chuckle when I saw the article - like 99.999% of VB drinkers would be able to tell the difference without being told! :blink:

They have already reduced the Alc% in most of their other mega swill beers over the last few years...

Goes to show what a marvelous triumph of marketing over substance VB is.

First thing i did was look at the readers comments section - interestingly, mostly negative comments about what a crap beer VB is.... :D

this is a really sad day :(

my all time favourite beer is going down the drain slowly :eek:

you guys are way too cruel. it's not a bad beer really...

hahaha........ wait :excl: ...... are you serious?

Are you some kind of Foster's stooge or something? :blink: Maybe it's time to change your all time favourite to something that actually tastes like beer <_<

hahaha........ wait :excl: ...... are you serious?

I've got to admit, as much as I can't stand the stuff now, it holds a nostalgic value for me.
I mean, who didn't drink it as a young un? After all, it's where I got my cast iron stomach from...

(wipes tear from eye, while remembering the good ol' days)

I mean, who didn't drink it as a young 'un?
Pete, never-ever liked the stuff personally.
I can honestly say I've only drunk it when it's been free, there's absolutely nothing else to drink or when it's been rude to refuse someone else's "favourite" beer. i.e. When courting my missus and her father offered me a WeeB. (I have since turned him and my Brother-in-Law off WeeB, and into craft-beer drinkers :beerbang: )

Interestingly enough, the FIL & BIL both have said that lately, VB makes them feel bloated, gives them the runs and tastes different (worse) of the last couple of years.

Pete, never-ever liked the stuff personally.
I can honestly say I've only drunk it when it's been free, there's absolutely nothing else to drink or when it's been rude to refuse someone else's "favourite" beer. i.e. When courting my missus and her father offered me a WeeB. (I have since turned him and my Brother-in-Law off WeeB, and into craft-beer drinkers :beerbang: )

Interestingly enough, the FIL & BIL both have said that lately, VB makes them feel bloated, gives them the runs and tastes different (worse) of the last couple of years.

Actually I always though it was rough as guts, but drank it anyway, till my first taste of OLD.

On that other note, an old girlfriend's dad once offered me a homebrew. From the taste of it I reckon an old footy sock was used as filtration, or a hop sock? Drinking it with a polite smile was one hell of a struggle.

Back