Variation In Bottle Taste For Same Brew 23l

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digger11

Reaction score
My last brew (a very basic K&K Coopers Kit) seems to have a strong variation form bottle to bottle.

I ferementered for 2 weeks and then cold conditioned (just chucked the whole fermenter in the fridge) for a week, and then left in the bottle 1 month now.

Drank about 6 bottles. 4 were pretty good,one was magnificent (full of head and lots of bubbles and a very smooth easy drinkong flavour) and one really crappy (no head, bit of an off taste and flavour).

All of the bottles were brand new Coopers PET that I rinsed well, so I do not think this is the problem.

I assume that the beer tastes different form the 1st bottle bottles to the last ??? Should I have stirred the mix up a bit before bottling ? I was very careful not too as I did not want too much sediment in the bottles (I have none at all).

Any ideas what I did wrong ?

Mixing up the completed ferment isn't a good idea. All your work to cold condition would be then wasted.

How did you prime the bottles? Dextrose? Carb drops? Other?

Cheers - Fermented.

Back