Vacuum Sealer Thingo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kahlerisms

Reaction score
Hey All

Was surprised to not find an already existing thread.

You guys got any recommendations for vacuum sealers for hops? I'm a buy-in-bulk-and-always-have-enough-stuff-for-unplanned-brewing kinda guy, but I worry a lot about my hops that have been in the freezer for months or years. I'd like a vac sealer.

So, recommendations? Happy with ebay or Kogan or something, my only concern would be availability of consumables if the seller were to disappear.

Ready to hear your recommendations

Kogan, Ebay, BigW, ....there all pretty much the same at the cheaper end of the scale. My BigW one works well with no complaints

Hi
just a thought, if you create a big enough vacume on water it will boil ie turn into a vapor.
Do we run the risk of vaporising volitile hop oils?
Any chemical type people out there care to coment?
I vac my hops and grains.
Kev

I got mine from Aldi

on special last month

takes a few months to come around again

bags on available when on special

I have a boring old Sunbeam foodsaver from the good guys (boo! What a wanker! Paid full price for a known brand! Cast him out!).

It's no better or worse than any other eBay-bought vac sealers that I've seen. I'm not sure you can go too far wrong either way.

Great for hops, good for heaps of other household applications also if you are into food production/gathering and prep.

Cheers.

Rod said:
I got mine from Aldi

on special last month

takes a few months to come around again

bags on available when on special
My local Aldi (Bentleigh) had a heap of them left over when I was in there yesterday.

Good unit, handy for not just brewing purposes, but used it last weekend to prepare a couple of big-assed steaks for a 3 hour sous vide. Yum.

Latest posts

Back