Using Promash Or Beersmith

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djackal

Reaction score
I want to use this software for a couple of experimental brews but am not sure as to how to account for kits and Booster packs.
I'm about to brew an experimental 'abbey' style ale with the following ingredients

Cooper Pale Ale tin (1.7kg)
Coops Brew Enhancer 2 (1kg)
Farmland Honey (500g)
Light Malt powder (500g)
WYeast Belgian Ale 1214
Saaz and Goldings Hops

I was also going to use about 1kg of mixed malts in a mini mash (biscuit,munich,aromatic AND pilsner)

I hope this is a good idea.. I suppose there is only one way to find out

Any thoughts on either my process or using the software would be appreciated

djackal said:
I want to use this software for a couple of experimental brews but am not sure as to how to account for kits and Booster packs.
I'm about to brew an experimental 'abbey' style ale with the following ingredients

Cooper Pale Ale tin (1.7kg)
Coops Brew Enhancer 2 (1kg)
Farmland Honey (500g)
Light Malt powder (500g)
WYeast Belgian Ale 1214
Saaz and Goldings Hops

I was also going to use about 1kg of mixed malts in a mini mash (biscuit,munich,aromatic AND pilsner)

I hope this is a good idea.. I suppose there is only one way to find out

Any thoughts on either my process or using the software would be appreciated
[post="95202"][/post]​

You won't find biscuit or aromatic, generally used in America. Maybe substitute these for some Cara Munich II or Dark Munich for the Biscuit and small amount of Amber Malt for the Aromatic. Probably won't be exact but it will still be good.

Enjoy the brew sounds good. :beerbang:

Warren -

With Pro mash you can add new grains and anything really. For the calculations to work you need to know its colour rating, gravity and a bit more.

Most of the info can be found on the grains website. I have trouble with working out proper gravities though.

More importantly where can i find out details on the brew enhancer and coopers kits to incorperate them in a beersmith or promash recipe?

Back