Using Brigalow Yeast to finish a beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ester Trub

Reaction score
I'm after some advice on whether or not I should use Brigalow yeast to finish a beer.

I've made a few high grav Belgian beers, re pitched slurry from previous batches, but they have stalled at 1.020.
I've warmed them up a little and given a good stir to rouse the yeast, but not much happened.

I usually only use liquid yeasts, or the occasional us-05, but i'm out at the moment.

I was thinking of pitching some cheap Brigalow yeast from the supermarket, just to finish them off, but i'm afraid it might impart some bad flavours and ruin the beer.
Normally I would avoid this stuff like the plague.

What do you reckon?

Are you having a laugh?

Is this a wind up?

Are you serious, you cannot be serious...(yelled in some US tennis players whining voice).

Is that a pink elephant I see out of my window?

Is that a pig flying by?

On topic, and seriously, I don't know, but there must be better ways to rouse your yeast than to chuck a Brigalow at your brew?

Interested to see the views of others.

Yeah. Fair enough. I don't know what I was thinking!

Truthfully, I'm just being lazy. I could drive to my mates house or LHBS to get some 05, but figured if the Brigalow wasn't going to do any harm I'd just use it since it's there.

Latest posts

Back