Using 1 can + how much DME?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because Liquid Malt Extract contains about 20% water, you can fairy easily work out the equivalent in dried malt extract, so for 1.5 kg of liquid, around 1.2 kg of LDME should be on the money.

edit: yes LDME is fine, especially if you use the Coopers version that's made for brewing (i.e. not made for use in Arnott's tiny teddies or something, as a lot of LDME on the market can be :p ).

I'd go for that over liquid because if the tins have been stored for a long time in bad conditions, liquid can darken and become stale whereas the dried is pretty much consistent.

Another good brand is Briess.

Thanks for the info . yes I used briess. I ended up using a mix of 75% dry Amber malt and 25% dry Pilsen malt and it was about 1kg total, so I'm guessing I'll get something around 4.6%

Hi Kill Master, download the brew spreadsheet in the sticky at the top of this forum. It's gold for kits and extracts. Takes all the guess work out and makes it easy to aim for particular beer styles.

Lionman said:
Hi Kill Master, download the brew spreadsheet in the sticky at the top of this forum. It's gold for kits and extracts. Takes all the guess work out and makes it easy to aim for particular beer styles.
Thanks, I'll take a look

Back