Update On My "brewery"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got abused tonight because I didn't want dinner. Fark I am 122 kilos, I need, to cut back on food. Before someone suggests it, NO I won't cut back on beer!!!

Yep great job mate -
seems like your priorities are in all the right places.

[/ end sarcasm

I for one am not impressed.

My apologies guys - the realisation has just dropped- ABOVE was what I was replying to, not the fact of 8 fermenters. I think that the brew room is fine - and a good job to maintain that many babies...

I was in an foul mood yesterday and didn't find the above amusing, and I don't know whay it bothered me at the time so much that I felt the need to reply to it, I didn't like the fact that you were making that choice, and couldn't watch others be ok and agree, that, yes, this was a great idea.

Also - I shouldnt have worded my response so antagonistically. Also, I realise I don't even know a smidgen of you, or your situation, you most likely are truly joking, everyone can really do what they want in their own lives and I should butt out. my apologies if offence was caused, as I said in a PM today, I value this forum, and everyones inputs, and hence the apology.

JD

Yep great job mate -
seems like your priorities are in all the right places.

[/ end sarcasm

I for one am not impressed.

I would offer my advice, but I rekon you wouldn't take it, and it would be misconstrued anyway.
MUM................... IS THAT YOU???????

Not judging, but i would hate to see what other people from the government would think. Trying to curb binge drinking, not the best thing. Especially with our bad reputation as it is.

The government can mind their god damn business and focus on things that matter. Frigging wowsers.

Im doing the same thing!
Ive got a very small room that used to be a laundry, Just enough space of a table to put a computer on!
The last people who lived here put a reverse cycle Air con in the room and used it for a office.
So im trying a US-05 job with Coopers Canadian and Citra at 18c, Room keeps the 18c perfectly as i monitor using a wireless thermometer. The compressor hardly kicks in as i have in on "eco" mode, and yet its at 18 all the time (outside temp is around 24-28. I do have a fridge which Im currently largering in, but of course these things take around 6-8 weeks, So im making something for the present!

Yep my AC is on low fan and 3/4 cool, compressor work only half the time and all the brews are at 18c..perfect. Plus I now sleep in that room and it's nice and cool after a hard day at work.

The government can mind their god damn business and focus on things that matter. Frigging wowsers.

Would be nice if they sorted out the big problems. But they seem to stick there nose into everthing that doesnt. That guy in NT doesn't do the home brew society much good at all.

Yeah, how about they stop "ICE" and heroin and all the real nasty shit!!!!

I think you should drink less, exercise more, eat better, treat yr missus better & stop smoking but that's just my personal opinion.

Would be nice if they sorted out the big problems. But they seem to stick there nose into everthing that doesnt. That guy in NT doesn't do the home brew society much good at all.

Meh, good on the bloke for providing a service that people wanted. The only issue is his clientele sounded like idiots that were upsetting the neighbours. I think it's a travesty we can't all sell our home brew to be honest. These private school boy wankers that run the country always wank on about the economy as if it's a deity but they can't handle street level capitalism one bit can they...

I forgot the "I'm taking the piss" emoticon.

Sorry, I won't let it happen again.

Is that right Hatcht?? Well I DON'T smoke pot. I eat healthy, I work as a mechanic and lift engines and gearboxes, as well as ALOT of other heavy stuff for 8 hours a day, I walk about 5 kilometers a day and treat my missus like a queen. Got any other suggestions shithead!!!???

Ignore the wankers and have a beer mate!

Yeah, how about they stop "ICE" and heroin and all the real nasty shit!!!!

Alcohol IS the nasty shit - >90% of my business on a wednesday-sunday night is due to behaviour brought on by people using and misusing alcohol, and their inability to control themselves when "on it". Heroin users generally don't have the capacity nor inclination to square up and fight each other, and prefer to sit at home smacking out; it general only causes problems to the individual, when they take too much. Ice is proper nasty shit, but on a statistical level irrelevant compared to alcohol.

Sermon over, time for me to have a beer! :chug:

Yes, yes it is.

IMG_7180.JPG

Does anyone know how the hell I get that photo round the right way.

Time for a beer meethinks.

Hatchy, when you've fallen over, you need to tilt the camera 90 degrees to the left so that the photo appears upright.

Yes, yes it is.

View attachment 41301

Does anyone know how the hell I get that photo round the right way.

Time for a beer meethinks.
Go into the pictures and right click and you should get the option to rotate, unless you have a VZ200 (dick smith computer for the younger generation)

Back