Update On My "brewery"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, I am sick of being abused when the computer doesn't do what she wanted it to do or when it's hot or when it's cold... you get the picture.

Got abused tonight because I didn't want dinner. Fark I am 122 kilos, I need, to cut back on food. Before someone suggests it, NO I won't cut back on beer!!!

Not good to hear mate. Your setup really is commendable after a few months of brewing. I thought my 2 fermenters produced enough beer to keep me busy with brewing, bottling etc. Cant quite imagine having the time for 8. You might have to start throwing some hops into your brews to see what they do.

Yep great job mate -
seems like your priorities are in all the right places.

[/ end sarcasm

I for one am not impressed.

I would offer my advice, but I rekon you wouldn't take it, and it would be misconstrued anyway.

Phew, lucky he doesn't need you to validate his life then, otherwise that could have sucked.

also end sarcasm

Back OT, a coolroom is awesome.

+1

Yep great job mate -
seems like your priorities are in all the right places.

[/ end sarcasm

I for one am not impressed.

I would offer my advice, but I rekon you wouldn't take it, and it would be misconstrued anyway.

Given that I'm not interested in judging someone I've never met I figured I'd stick some photos on here instead.

6 months ago I was convinced I'd be happy forever brewing with cans & figured bottling beer was something I was going to have to get used to.

Most of this gear is stuff either borrowed for the day or donated to me by the kind members of AHB

IMG_7163.JPG

If yr planning on using a wet towel & some ice bricks as a chiller then think again, it got the towel warm & that's about it

IMG_7165.JPG

My personal favourite bit (sideways in the photo for some reason)

IMG_7177.JPG

I hope everything works out for you Fasty, this forum has been more fun since you've been here.

**** me, i hate to see how much beer you would drink if you made an all grain batch. Maybe try brew a dark ale of sorts to test out your taste buds a bit.

Given that I'm not interested in judging someone I've never met I figured I'd stick some photos on here instead.

6 months ago I was convinced I'd be happy forever brewing with cans & figured bottling beer was something I was going to have to get used to.

Most of this gear is stuff either borrowed for the day or donated to me by the kind members of AHB

View attachment 41278

If yr planning on using a wet towel & some ice bricks as a chiller then think again, it got the towel warm & that's about it

View attachment 41281

View attachment 41280

I hope everything works out for you Fasty, this forum has been more fun since you've been here.

There ya go hey ?

Batz :icon_cheers:

my double door stainless fridge holds 8 fermenters no worrys ...will even hold them at 12 if I want too , and can bring fermenters down too 2 crash chill befor kegging . After looking at your set up I am no longer worried about my power bill ... :)

I think you should stiick to the goo. If your go to A/G you would be too busy to work. Then the missus would be hassling you all day.

Interestingly enough though I am currently using a bedroom with a inverter split system a/c as a fermenting room. It actually doesn't cost that much to run, however I'm guessing the box one you have might cost a little more than mine.

It definitely shows that you have caught the bug of making your own beer. I am predicting that in about a month or so you will have most of those fermenters empty though.

Good luck.

P.S maybe you should drink a few less beers and appreciate the qualities of each a little more. I'm only saying this because I pay tax and I believe you might be visiting a few hospitals shortly.

View attachment 41278

View attachment 41281

View attachment 41280

That is what I love about this place. For the most part everyone is more than willing offer a friendly bit of advice, and pass on a bit of hard earned experience.

I'd add a few pics of my setup, but I'm a wee bit shy...

Fasty how about one of these bad boys in there! That doubles your carrying capacity.

I do all grain so i can't fill one of these at once. However i am doing an experiment at the moment where i add a brew 3 days after doing the first one. So i put in 15L the first day and then added another 30L three days later. I will be bottling it this weekend so i will know how it goes in a few weeks.

I can do two double brews a day, and if i buy another cube i will be able to cube 4 batches worth at once. So i will be adding 4 batches the first day and four the second day, should be fine. I have a simple recipe that i really like so it could be the house beer. For the next few months after that i could concentrate on different styles without the worry of running out of beer. I have 5 months of holidays once uni finishes so i have ages to work this out. The first thing i need is to get a fridge big enough to hold it, and some more friends that like cleaning bottles. :)

Doing a 200L batch for you would be easy tho. Add 10 cans of something you like, add fermentables and put it in your awesome cool room. Make sure you go it up high enough to bottle, cause you won't be moving it onces she's full. Also, make sure its one that you like!

I admire your passion fasty, top work.

Just found an even better drum. Food grade, 200L with screw top lid. $35 http://cgi.ebay.com.au/200-Litre-Plastic-S...=item27b4f32f12

Who the F@#k are you guys to judge someone?
[/ no sarcasm intended]

Not judging, but i would hate to see what other people from the government would think. Trying to curb binge drinking, not the best thing. Especially with our bad reputation as it is.

Also not judging Fasty, but my only concern is that with so many brews on the go in your early stage of brewing, is that it is very easy to get lost in the many variables of brewing, and that it may make it more difficult to learn about "fine tuning" your brews to make good beer turn into excellent beer.

Fasty, if it works for you mate go for it, but if it was me, i'd probably slow down a little so you get to know the different results you will get from all of your different brews. This knowledge will in turn, affect all of your upcoming brews - for better or worse.

Then once you have everything sorted, go your hardest! (which seems way harder than me) :beer:

When i was starting out, i went really hard, and then "stumbled" on a few things that made a world of difference to my beers, and i ended up tipping out quite a lot of beer, just so i could get to "the good stuff" sooner. Would hate it if this happened to you to....

Ok let me clarify my position here ,, I brewed kits for at least 17 years befor I found this site and for about 18months after .. The very first thing I found on here that totaly changed my beers for the better and consistant results was temp control , followed by yeast selection and then adding hops ect ect ect ...

I have brewed 200lt batches in new wheely bins , no air lock just a towle over the top , some were OK,, some were NOT , what I didn't know back then was that yeast generate there own heat , so keeping it cool is very hard with a big batch ... Maybe brew in Tas in winter and drink it in Cairns in the summer , lol ..

try AG ,, you will in the end ,, or at least get out and have a look at a couple , try what other brewers arre brewing ,, you will be surprised whats on offer ...

cheers

Edit forgot this link ,, NT Home Brewer Busted ...

re cheers

Latest posts

Back