ultratap or intertap? is there a difference?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve got both taps, 2 x intertaps and 1 x ultratap. While I prefer the pour from the ultratap, I don’t like the feel of the tap. The tap itself feels loose and doesn’t quite “lock” into the open or closed position. Slight bumps have knocked the tap open 5-10% and beer has dribbled out.

The intertap on the other hand has a slightly worse pour. It’s probably more turbulent on the inside. But the handle and seal feels sturdier.

In the interest of an honest review, my kegerator with 2 x intertaps and 1 x FC intertap was purchased from keg king before the split. I didn’t like the FC intertap and thought i’d try a different tap so I bought the ultratap. I’ll most likely be replacing the ultratap for a nukatap in the near future. I don’t have a preference from which store I buy from. I have placed multiple others from both stores.

I’ve got both taps, 2 x intertaps and 1 x ultratap. While I prefer the pour from the ultratap, I don’t like the feel of the tap. The tap itself feels loose and doesn’t quite “lock” into the open or closed position. Slight bumps have knocked the tap open 5-10% and beer has dribbled out.

The intertap on the other hand has a slightly worse pour. It’s probably more turbulent on the inside. But the handle and seal feels sturdier.

In the interest of an honest review, my kegerator with 2 x intertaps and 1 x FC intertap was purchased from keg king before the split. I didn’t like the FC intertap and thought i’d try a different tap so I bought the ultratap. I’ll most likely be replacing the ultratap for a nukatap in the near future. I don’t have a preference from which store I buy from. I have placed multiple others from both stores.
There was no split. Not sure why people think there was a split. Keg King was and remains totally intact.

The “split” was a reference to a bunch of the keg king employees leaving and starting their own business.

please keep politics out of this and keep the thread on track.

Will you be getting the Nukatap FC?

The “split” was a reference to a bunch of the keg king employees leaving and starting their own business.

please keep politics out of this and keep the thread on track.
By all means keep politics out of it and facts in. When a business is split it happens quite differently to what occurred.

Hey will. Do you know when you will be getting the 100mm shanks in. Had a look at my shanks and they are no good As they are hollow all the way through. Want to get the black ultrataps but want the self closing spring. Have lost to much beer in the past to my daughter hitting the tap by accident. Thanks

whats your opinion on the tap situation? Why don’t you help the OP out.
To be fair to CEO KK, Keg King sell both, AND, has the sole right to both brands, the Ultratap and the Intertap. Probably better to leave it to the customer. As blacktop has stated he found the Ultra loose, I didn't but still put a return spring in the Ultra all the same. So a better pour from the Ultra and no worries about the tap being knocked or having to go out and buy something else, which could be inferior to both the Inter and the Ultra.

Hey will. Do you know when you will be getting the 100mm shanks in. Had a look at my shanks and they are no good As they are hollow all the way through. Want to get the black ultrataps but want the self closing spring. Have lost to much beer in the past to my daughter hitting the tap by accident. Thanks
I think we should have them but would have to check. You can put a spring on an Ultra Tap no problem. Daughters hitting taps and wasting beer may be sold into slavery I heard ….

I think we should have them but would have to check. You can put a spring on an Ultra Tap no problem. Daughters hitting taps and wasting beer may be sold into slavery I heard ….
She's an investment. Teaching her to brew beer so will pay off one day. Checked online today and the shanks where out of stock. Can get them elsewhere but would rather buy it all from you guys.

She's an investment. Teaching her to brew beer so will pay off one day. Checked online today and the shanks where out of stock. Can get them elsewhere but would rather buy it all from you guys.
Yes I know they are investments. Have two daughters and still wondering when that investment matures - hehe. Save me looking up the part number if you have it I will do my best to find you some in the morning.

Check the thread title and post #1 👍
Sorry but OP is it other person perhaps? I have always helped out and doing my best for Bird. Running this business does keep me rather busy but I never want to forget the person who just needs a tap. Just ask Meddo.

I had a look at the promo video for the Nukatap ... which you get a spare shuttle because they are cheap and are not going to last so long ...

Ahh WEAL, I've got time for you.
However, it seems as if the spare shuttle is part of a separate product, the 'seal kit'.
They're not the clearest in language, and the video can readily lead you into believing you're getting a spare one...
Just facts for others reading the thread later on.

Yes but it's an issue with propriety gear, a seal kit that is a set of o rings has a certain longevity (you can always get o rings, and in any type of material) that shuttle is going to be around for how long? Just look at their website (if you can be bothered waiting the 5 minutes for their "NEW" wizz bang site to load) and see how many "superseded" products there are.
At $24 the taps are a throw away item, it's just that not everyone is into throw away, despite having Inters I'm quite fond of my 50yr old Whitbread taps (the brewery not the tap manufacturer) and I can still just buy generic seals for them, not that I have because the bloody things are still going, the chrome has worn off the brass, and yet they're still not leaking. Just sayin.

Ahh WEAL, I've got time for you.
However, it seems as if the spare shuttle is part of a separate product, the 'seal kit'.
They're not the clearest in language, and the video can readily lead you into believing you're getting a spare one...
Just facts for others reading the thread later on.
Sounds like you might have one, I'm sure it was stated that the shuttles were so cheap they throw in a spare, but you could be right it could mean the seal kit. I won't bother watching it again.

Yes I know they are investments. Have two daughters and still wondering when that investment matures - hehe. Save me looking up the part number if you have it I will do my best to find you some in the morning.
Part code: 7506. 100mm stainless long shank.

Thanks will. Appreciate the assistance. You've always been very helpful when I've asked questions.

Back