ultratap or intertap? is there a difference?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been stung by crap Perlicks as well
Just threw 6 545PC flow controls in the bin and replaced with FC Intertaps
Much happier now.

keen to see those emails
Go in and ask him.
to actually answer your question:

1. Both taps are fine/good/the best/better than the other. Get whatever is convenient. Main thing is, from all accounts neither tap is shit and they're both cheap AF compared to perlics, without any real downside.

2. This will start a ******* war between kegland and keg king. grab your popcorn and god speed.
Both are probably as good, only the Ultra has the black colour, can't understand your thinking on starting a war if Kegland had no rights to the trademark. Don't know where it leaves those with a warranty who bought the Intertap from KL.
trust the guy that posts from fake accounts to denigrate another business? nice mate. well played.
And Keg Land hasn't,? :fallingoffchair:
Have a read through the first section of the KL Q & A how they ran KK down when they had no right of reply.

You may not have read the recent thread about the Grand Deluxe how KL posted that the Super Deluxe was inferior and made up a whole cock and bull story about the model without ever having seen one. Easy to see who the perpetrator is denigrating another business and products.
https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/grand-deluxe-125-gd125.101750/
Back onto the taps I think there is not a lot of difference if any between the Ultra and Intertaps,
it is interesting to see Micro Matic has gone with the Ultra tap though. I wonder if the Intertap will now go out of existence.

to actually answer your question:

1. Both taps are fine/good/the best/better than the other. Get whatever is convenient. Main thing is, from all accounts neither tap is shit and they're both cheap AF compared to perlics, without any real downside.

This is nice to know. Was the conclusion I was coming to.
Any bad points seem to be because someone doesnt like the company that makes them rather than a fault with the tap.

You may not have read the recent thread about the Grand Deluxe how KL posted that the Super Deluxe was inferior and made up a whole cock and bull story about the model without ever having seen one. Easy to see who the perpetrator is denigrating another business and products.
https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/grand-deluxe-125-gd125.101750/Yep fair call, it was very disappointing.
Back onto the taps I think there is not a lot of difference if any between the Ultra and Intertaps,
it is interesting to see Micro Matic has gone with the Ultra tap though. I wonder if the Intertap will now go out of existence.
Will be interesting to see how much Micromatic sell them for, might have to hoard a few.

There could just be another reason for the change in taps from Kegland.
https://search.ipaustralia.gov.au/trademarks/search/quick/result?q=IntertapThe name is owned by MCH Australia.
After checking for myself, it also seems that besides Intertap, Fermentasaurus, Keg Master, and Beveridge Doctor also belong to MCH Australia. There has been more than one post by Keg Land they would prosecute anyone using their Trade Mark, when all the time it wasn't theirs to use!
So I suppose the question now would be, where does that leave retailers world wide who have bought merchandise, in good faith from Keg Land with Keg Land falsely using another company's brand names?

Why does every discussion about which tap to get turn into a slagging match between which SUPPLIER is better than the other, when the question asked is which TAP is better. I slogged my way through the last inter vs ultra thread, and came out none the wiser. I have my keezer at the stage of adding taps, and as such am interested if anyone has anything useful ABOUT THE TAPS to add to this thread. If you want to sling crap at each other, go do it somewhere else, or start a new thread about which supplier is better/more ethical.
Also, here is a couple of picks of my keezer
I think most agree there is not enough difference in the taps to argue about, that's my opinion of what has been posted. I see you are new and wasn't aware of the members who left this forum to start another forum. So if you are comparing the infamous Ultra versus Intertap, well a few of those members would come back on this forum to disrupt it maltjunkie AKA mashmaniac to name one, there were others too. So I would ignore that thread, as I and others have said doesn't matter which ones you get, also pretty sure they are manufactured in the same factory, just going by the packaging.

^ +1 I've got Inters, but used Ultra's on a friends build, no real difference, I found the Inters to be a bit grittier in action initially but that wears off pretty quick.

I think most agree there is not enough difference in the taps to argue about, that's my opinion of what has been posted. I see you are new and wasn't aware of the members who left this forum to start another forum. So if you are comparing the infamous Ultra versus Intertap, well a few of those members would come back on this forum to disrupt it maltjunkie AKA mashmaniac to name one, there were others too. So I would ignore that thread, as I and others have said doesn't matter which ones you get, also pretty sure they are manufactured in the same factory, just going by the packaging.
Are you for real? The only contributions of value in that thread came from a bloke who dropped back in from the other side and put the two taps side-by-side for a comparison.

@CaptainMachSnot, have a look at posts from here: Ultratap versus Intertap

^ +1 I've got Inters, but used Ultra's on a friends build, no real difference, I found the Inters to be a bit grittier in action initially but that wears off pretty quick.
The Ultra Taps are laminar flow whereas the Intertap is not. The Ultra pours with less foaming. We are happy that we can provide our brewing and drinking customers both as well as all the ancilliary spouts and bits that go with them.

Just visited that old thread PCM Fisher put the photos up, a regular forum member not a blow in. I think if you read the post properly you would have seen that he has read the whole thread.
taps.jpg

PCM Fishers photos.

Lets not turn this thread into a saga, the OP's questions been answered, whats the difference, not a lot, folk who have each are happy as pointed out above they are both still available, I remember I took 2 Intertaps apart they weren't interchangeable threads so there are some forgeries out there.

Just visited that old thread PCM Fisher put the photos up, a regular forum member not a blow in. I think if you read the post properly you would have seen that he has read the whole thread.
View attachment 118074
PCM Fishers photos.
My apologies, there was indeed one worthwhile post in the first ten pages, I forgot about that one after wading (again, I was there at the time) through all the shit-slinging between WEAL, BH and mashmaniac.

On-topic-ish I've got an Ultratap on the way, I've sold all my Intertaps (which were fine) but looking forward to doing a side-by-side with the trial Nukatap I've also got. One thing I can say before installing is looks-wise there's going to be a clear winner - Nukatap is UGLY. At this stage I'm looking for a tap to use for a full nine-tap kit-out of my new dispense rig, I'm not likely to go with Nukataps at this stage so I'm hoping the Ultra is a step up.

@CEO Keg King, a couple of questions please:
  • Are you going to continue supplying Intertaps, or is the listing on your website just clearing out old stock?
  • Is there any intention of releasing a flow-control version of the Ultratap?
  • Are you intending to release the stout spout and other alternative spouts for the Ultratap in all the different black / gold / etc. finishes?
Cheers

My apologies, there was indeed one worthwhile post in the first ten pages, I forgot about that one after wading (again, I was there at the time) through all the shit-slinging between WEAL, BH and mashmaniac.

On-topic-ish I've got an Ultratap on the way, I've sold all my Intertaps (which were fine) but looking forward to doing a side-by-side with the trial Nukatap I've also got. One thing I can say before installing is looks-wise there's going to be a clear winner - Nukatap is UGLY. At this stage I'm looking for a tap to use for a full nine-tap kit-out of my new dispense rig, I'm not likely to go with Nukataps at this stage so I'm hoping the Ultra is a step up.

@CEO Keg King, a couple of questions please:
  • Are you going to continue supplying Intertaps, or is the listing on your website just clearing out old stock?
  • Is there any intention of releasing a flow-control version of the Ultratap?
  • Are you intending to release the stout spout and other alternative spouts for the Ultratap in all the different black / gold / etc. finishes?
Cheers
Hi Meddo - yes we will continue to produce the Intertap which was always our product and whilst customers like it then we will have it together with its accessories. The Ultra Tap in other colours at the moment only have the standard spout but we may look at it if enough people are interested. I might get a few done to put them on display to see the customer reactions.

The Ultra Tap willnot be made with any flow control.

Will be interested to see how this goes.
Any reason you got rid of the intertaps?

Will be interested to see how this goes.
Any reason you got rid of the intertaps?
I went through a downsizing phase - which lasted all of three months 😝 At the moment my plan is to go with Chinese Euroball-style taps which I've got five of already, I love the looks and the pour but there's design issues that make me wonder how sanitary they are. If funds allowed I'd probably go Micromatic Debitaps, but they don't...

trust the guy that posts from fake accounts to denigrate another business? nice mate. well played.

props for finally talking shit from your proper account though.
Let’s talk proper accounts then. Suggest you go to www.kegking.cn and see whose products come up. That is right none other than Kegland‘s through its associate AMCO in Hong Kong. Yes all you good people on here just go there and check it out. So save your faux outrage and get some real outrage when this kind of shit gets exposed. A real business does not need to stoop to these kind of low tactics.

Latest posts

Back