ultratap or intertap? is there a difference?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately the "Perlicks" you find on ebay wont actually be Perlicks, or might be, but how do you know? It's bloody ridiculous the whole Chinese rip off thing, the only way you can be sure of getting the real deal apparently is from the owner of the design (in this case I believe it's KK) or a bona fide re-seller, and if you were after ultra's that would be KK or Micro-matic, but I don't know of any approved re-sellers for Inters. I'm like you in as much as I have 6 Inters with the different spouts, bought from KL in good faith, are they genuine Inter's? I have no way of knowing, am I going to bin them when they work as advertised, nope, if I need more I'll get one from KK and compare, Nuka's? are the spouts interchangeable with the Inter's? And do I really want a plastic shuttle, given their plastic malt mill issues I don't think so.
fwiw I'm happy with my Inter's, long shanks with finned internal heat sinks keep them cold and first pours are no problem. I recently built a 4 banger for a mate and we used Ultra's, honestly I can't tell the difference, that's not to say there isn't one only that I can't tell, my setup pours 4 different beers in 4 different ways, as does my mates, carb levels, serving pressure, style? so how do you compare different taps?
If you open the tap and beer comes out what's the problem? We are not running pubs/bars etc, we can wait a couple of minutes for that first pour to settle if necessary.
Get over it guysngirls you don't have them six deep at the bar (yeh been there done that) so stop stressing about a 12 second pour or whatever, and enjoy the fact that you can buy a half way decent tap for less than $200!
What sort of heatsinks are you using? Are they special purpose, or large ones made for electronics? Be interested to see what you did, because I think the cooling of taps will make more of a difference than the type of tap will. Haven't put in a fan yet, but shall be soon

Can you please shed some light on this CEO what idea are you talking about? What date did you have this idea?
I would hazard a guess, the idea of a fermenter without a dump valve. Could it about the same date that Perlick twigged you had infringed on a patent of theirs.;)

I would hazard a guess, the idea of a fermenter without a dump valve. Could it about the same date that Perlick twigged you had infringed on a patent of theirs.;)

Thanks awfulknauful, I am not looking for a guess. I would like the CEO to respond to this one. If Perlick have an issue with any of our products they should contact us. If they feel we are in breach of any of their patents I would suggest they follow it up with us.

Thanks awfulknauful, I am not looking for a guess. I would like the CEO to respond to this one. If Perlick have an issue with any of our products they should contact us. If they feel we are in breach of any of their patents I would suggest they follow it up with us.
Look sport your only fifty metres away from KK, grow some balls, walk down there and ask the CEO yourself. Don't bring your spiteful tittle tattle on this forum. If you want to keep the legal obligations you have with Perlick quiet, I suggest you call a staff meeting and remind them, loose lips sink ships.

Surely it’s time this thread is put to it’s death as it has now denigrated into yet another KK vs KL slanging match.

KK and KL - the vast majority of us couldn’t give a shite about your legal battle. Keep it in the courts, and off the forum please. If you’ve got answers to questions about your products the answer them, but otherwise spare us from the constant bickering. Put your efforts into making high quality and innovative products Instead.

For everyone else who chimes in with their various allegiances, can we please keep to brewing and brewing related topics without heading down the same old worn out road.

Blindfold is on, fire at will.

JD

I do find it a bit unfair that "onemorecell" is being invalidated because he has done work for us. Many people in the industry have done work for us. To be fair onemorecell had done some software development for us as he is a great software developer and he does fantastic work and not only that he made this clear by disclosing this in one of his other posts.

He is not an employee of KegLand and he speaks his own mind.

KegLand also work with many other people in the industry too. We have hired other programmers in the past, web designers, graphic designers, people to assist with mould design, we have hired engineers to assist with various testing validation. We even hired Dr Smurto for recipe development. Do you think it's fair that because we have hired so many of these people from our own customer base that all these customers should then lose their ability to comment in the forum and be engaged in the discussion. I do think this is a bit unfair.

If anything I think the people who have worked with us probably understand our company the best as they have met our staff, know what we are like and probably are the best people to give an informed opinion rather than spreading rumours about something they have heard.

What about customers who purchase from us regularly? Are they also considered to be biased? What about when we give free samples away asking for feedback? We have done this several times on the forum and we would like to continue to offer free product to customers on the forum in exchange for feedback. Do these forum members now lose their credibility and should not be able to comment on the forum just because they have tested a new product?

Oh look, it's Cheech and Chong, great double act with useful contributions yet again.

What sort of heatsinks are you using? Are they special purpose, or large ones made for electronics? Be interested to see what you did, because I think the cooling of taps will make more of a difference than the type of tap will. Haven't put in a fan yet, but shall be soon

Got them off ebay, 50mm width with a 20mm hole, 25mm deep, used an old shank as a tap to put a thread in them then arctic silver thermal paste, used the 150mm shanks and screwed two of these onto each one, the intertaps are quite cold to the touch, and get condensation on them (weather dependant) first single pours aren't much different to multiple pours.

Attachments

• Heat sink.jpg
    Heat sink.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 48
I do find it a bit unfair that "onemorecell" is being invalidated because he has done work for us. Many people in the industry have done work for us. To be fair onemorecell had done some software development for us as he is a great software developer and he does fantastic work and not only that he made this clear by disclosing this in one of his other posts.

He is not an employee of KegLand and he speaks his own mind.

KegLand also work with many other people in the industry too. We have hired other programmers in the past, web designers, graphic designers, people to assist with mould design, we have hired engineers to assist with various testing validation. We even hired Dr Smurto for recipe development. Do you think it's fair that because we have hired so many of these people from our own customer base that all these customers should then lose their ability to comment in the forum and be engaged in the discussion. I do think this is a bit unfair.

If anything I think the people who have worked with us probably understand our company the best as they have met our staff, know what we are like and probably are the best people to give an informed opinion rather than spreading rumours about something they have heard.

What about customers who purchase from us regularly? Are they also considered to be biased? What about when we give free samples away asking for feedback? We have done this several times on the forum and we would like to continue to offer free product to customers on the forum in exchange for feedback. Do these forum members now lose their credibility and should not be able to comment on the forum just because they have tested a new product?

Full disclosure I was joking. I have nothing against you guys and nothing against Onemorecell. Have had many a beer for him.

I do think you have a mistaken identity and it isn't who you think it is and you actually mean someone else.

Again full disclosure, I have received samples off you and will try to in the future to help testing. They have been good and helped me out.

One more full disclosure. I really enjoy listening to what @Grmblz says, as I actually believe he is quite balanced in what he says and for the most part I agree with him about 95% of the time

I do find it a bit unfair that "onemorecell" is being invalidated because he has done work for us. Many people in the industry have done work for us. To be fair onemorecell had done some software development for us as he is a great software developer and he does fantastic work and not only that he made this clear by disclosing this in one of his other posts
sorry, not me mate...

One more full disclosure. I really enjoy listening to what @Grmblz says, as I actually believe he is quite balanced in what he says and for the most part I agree with him about 95% of the time
yeah good point - @Grmblz, same from me. But I already agree the first time, the next few posts on the same point are just a bit superfluous :p

Well bloody hell ^^ thank you for the kind words, most unexpected, and not a little embarrassing, I'm not sure about "quite balanced" but I'll take it.
After all the prodding (not just mine) Kee posts 15 comments, clearing up a lot of questions, the squeaky hinge gets the oil.

Latest posts

Back