U-brew Diy Ag Micro

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshuahardie

Beer, so much more than a breakfast drink
Reaction score
Hi all,

Spotted this in the local paper yesterday.

Unsure what the prices are for a 50l batch of DIY brew, but when i find out, ill update the topic.

It appears that they may even be doing more than just extract, hopefully it will be a good meeting post for us home brew types

Josh

ps. btw i am not affiiliated with this group at all.

beerscan.jpg

Hi all,

Spotted this in the local paper yesterday.

Unsure what the prices are for a 50l batch of DIY brew, but when i find out, ill update the topic.

Still it is nice to see that htey have gone the AG route, hopefully it will be a good meeting post for us home brew types

Josh

ps. btw i am not affiiliated with this group at all.

Hi Josh

Are you sure that they do all grain? I could not see anything in the clipping about AG or mashing. There are a few of these in Brisbane and they have specialty grains but don't do an AG as far as I am aware.

I've always wondered if someone would set up a place where you could do a full mash, but thought that it would not be efficient use of equipment.

Cheers
Jimmy

Unfortunately I don't see anything suggesting they are running an AG operation.

They only mention "90 minutes to come to the boil in the 50L kettle"... "malts, grains, hops are added" sounds like extract + specialties.

Still it is nice to see that htey have gone the AG route,

Hi Josh,

where did you get all-grain from :unsure:

I see no reference to AG & the proceedures laid out in that artcle indicate extract brewing with a few specialty malts... Good to see another brew on premises though, all helps in getting our craft out to the masses.

cheers Ross

Hi Josh

There are a few of these in Brisbane and they have specialty grains but don't do an AG as far as I am aware.

I've always wondered if someone would set up a place where you could do a full mash, but thought that it would not be efficient use of equipment.

Cheers
Jimmy

Jimmy,

There's a BOP in Capalaba that is 100% AG mash brewing.

cheers Ross

They have a website HERE

It doesn't really explain the full process, but they do mention grains, so maybe a call to confirm?

Hi Josh

Are you sure that they do all grain? I could not see anything in the clipping about AG or mashing. There are a few of these in Brisbane and they have specialty grains but don't do an AG as far as I am aware.

Cheers
Jimmy

Jimmy,
Having re read it again I can see that it does not specifically mention AG.
But some of the things like
"The water in the kettles takes 90 mins to come to the boil"
"Once the kettles are boiling the malts, grains and hops are weighed and added"

Gave me the impression that they were doing more than extract brewing.
Until I can confirm for sure, I think Ill edit the title of the thread.

Cheers
Josh

I went to one of these places near my house not long ago and looks to be exactly the same setup in this photo. However they dont brew AG, I think you will find they use partials. With that being said these places make brewing so easy; they have all of the ingredients, water is boiling when you get there, everything is already sterile (apparently, although I'm not too sure on this one), all you really need to do is select a brew and measure the ingredients. Bottling is convenient too, they have special bottle rinsers and the beer is filtered for you. So I guess it really suits you if you are in to brewing and don't have the time to spare. With that being said I really cant imagine sacrificing the freedom of brewing yourself at home.

Looks like I don't have the permissions to change my topic title

Does someone with 'the power' want to remove the AG reference from the topic title.

I doubt Ill be using the place to replace my home brewing, but i definatly be sticking m head through the door to see what it is all about.....
actually i can see a few bucks parties starting here, with the results being drunk at the wedding.

Josh

There's a BOP in Capalaba that is 100% AG mash brewing.

cheers Ross
[/quote]

Thanks Ross. Didn't know that. Do you know if many use the AG option?

If its like my brew days (which double as sampling days) customers would have to taxi it home.

Fortunately my brewing partner only has to stagger across the road.

Cheers
Jimmy

The one in Cairns has a canning facility so you can either bottle or can , I made inquirys as to canning kegs of my own and they were totaly against the idea, "No you have to berw our product " ... I think that they should be a little more flexiable as I would be happy to pay for a canning run , I just want to drink my beer..

Cheers

Latest posts

Back