Two people suffer suspected carbon monoxide poisoning from home brew d

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TimT said:
Now I'm curious. What are the myths and what's accurate? How could a distillery produce large amounts of carbon monoxide? Obviously the bit about them producing 'wine' is silly.
Simple.
They were powering their heatstick with a diesel generator.

On a serious note. My father and his little dog were killed last month sitting in an idling car with the aircon on recycle. Very sad and unexpected. The coroner found blistering on both his and his dogs lungs and the investigation is ongoing. They have blamed a leak somewhere and found no evidence of foul play or suicide. Researching this and it is not uncommon to hear of this happening and a lot of people urging to keep the aircon off recycle. Seemed appropriate to share that info here where perhaps it is a bit of a joke to some but deadly serious to others.

Fuk djar, thats terrible.

Good point though, I never have and will put the a/c on recycle. Others might not know any better, but its not to great for u or the car recycling the same air around and around with exhaust leaks or not. Fresh air is best (Unless following a cattle truck)

djar007 said:
On a serious note. My father and his little dog were killed last month sitting in an idling car with the aircon on recycle. Very sad and unexpected. The coroner found blistering on both his and his dogs lungs and the investigation is ongoing. They have blamed a leak somewhere and found no evidence of foul play or suicide. Researching this and it is not uncommon to hear of this happening and a lot of people urging to keep the aircon off recycle. Seemed appropriate to share that info here where perhaps it is a bit of a joke to some but deadly serious to others.
Christ mate....sorry for your loss.

Are they saying the R 134 gas was the culprit or somehow exhaust gas found its way into the cab?

Thanks guys.

Not conclusive yet dave on whether it was the aircon gas or not. Coroner takes a while and have handed the case back to the police to investigate. They still ha e the car. And that's all we know at the moment.

Really sorry to hear Djar. It was brief but I remember meeting your Dad last year.

Best wishes mate.

Sorry for your loss too Djar.

I sure I can speak for all the guys at Westgate Brewers, we are very sorry to hear about your loss Djar.

Grant

Latest posts

Back