Two 18 Litre Kegs, $47

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xknifepointx

Reaction score
ad3a_1.JPG

b122_1.JPG

are these kegs worth anything? I know nothing about kegs, I googled around a bit and I think they are pin-lock kegs??

they come with "Kegs have push on pine fittings, release valve and locking cap"

any of you wise old keggers able to tell me if I have just wasted my money? auction finished before I could really ask anyone and I thought bugger it, its only 47 dollars.

Hello xknifepointx,
Kegs look OK (but I've never used pin-lock). Are you sure he isn't charging $47 each? - I thought he said "price is per keg - minimum buy two kegs" Still not a bad price though.

Glen

So they come with a lid? If so I think you got a great deal. That is, if they hold pressure! ;) But 99% of the time that's just a matter of changing the o-rings etc, which you should probably do anyway. So what I would do if I had just bought these is:

get 2 new seal kits for the lid and posts: ~$5 each

get 2 new ball lock fittings per keg: ~$25 each (you'll need 4)

So if you convert them to ball lock it might turn out pretty much the same as other kegs you can get on the market. If you leave them as pinlock, and get pinlock disconnects, and the current pinlock posts are in good condition, you will have gotten yourself quite cheap kegs! At the very worst you would have paid the going rate that most HBSs would charge. :beer:

i bought a few of these and now trying to sell it as the parts are not worth the expence. Spend the extra and get a corney keg that comes with ball locks and parts are easy and cheep to get.

Mine cost $40.00 each so the price is great for 2.

I'm one of the few blokes on here that has a pin lock system. The disconnects for these are full stainless, so they cost about $45 EACH! (might have been more than that but I keep telling my myself $45 to reduce the pain of the memory) Apart from that, they're the same as ball lock to maintain. If you want to get rid of them to get standard ball locks, and they have their lids and dip tubes, etc, I'll take them off your hands. Same goes for you, lokpikn (assuming of course, that your posts match my posts, so I can easily put them into my system)...

after a few beers tonight I slipped it to my girlfriend that I had bought two kegs to setup the proper system, but I got shot down quicker than ever before. Needless to say, I am going full steam ahead, I want to build a kegerator.

Latest posts

Back