'twas A Tasty Night

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vitalstatistix

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share a pic of the empties from a tasting night I had on the weekend. Was a great night with some of the beers I brought back from a recent trip to the US.
:ph34r:

Picture_320.jpg

nice, how was the watermelon wheat ?

cheers

It was actually really nice. To tell the truth, when I first had it I was not expecting much but was very happily surprised! I reckon it would be one of the best summer time smashable beers i've had. could easily kill a buch of it on a hot summers day!

Oh man. That picture makes me mad. Bloody customs wouldn't let me bring 7 bottles in!

Some tops beers there, bloke. You're a nicer person than me - I wouldn't have been sharing any of them.

Oh man. That picture makes me mad. Bloody customs wouldn't let me bring 7 bottles in!

I have never had problems bringing beer in. Last trip I had more than 40 bottles and paid $20 duty and the time before that I had more than 30 bottles with no extra charge.

It all depends how you prepare yourself (have an itemised list ready of qty, volume and alcohol level) and the way that you speak to people.

Can't understand why they would pick on someone with a name like 'bum'.

<_<

Yep. The name on my passport is Bum McPoo-Poo and this is my passport picture:

cashfinger-big.jpg

But, yeah, I was actually quite polite and didn't even carry on after the seizure. But I guess that was easy since only one of the two were mine. :ph34r:

Mmmmm... Pliny Elder... Russian River Brewing rocks... SWMBO has been there and brought be back some beers.. she has us down for a Cali brewery trip in January... can't wait.

SWMBO is going to the USA for xmas to spend time with her sister and new baby, she will have to bring me home some bottles me thinks :p

Man, I was in the US in march and not a day goes by when I dont think about how awesome it was, not only beerwise...

But I think for me one of the highlights would have been the 'brew free or die hard IPA' on a domestic flight from Cali to Florida, I mean, you can even get IPA on a plane??? How awesome is that!!

I got really lucky. When asked how many bottles of alcohol I had to declare, I answered "about 25". The customs person seemed a little taken aback so I quickly added, "its just beer". She then directed me to the exit without checking my bags or anything. I was a very happy camper! :rolleyes:

Some tops beers there, bloke. You're a nicer person than me - I wouldn't have been sharing any of them.

Oh don't worry, I brought back a second bottle of most of them to age where appropriate and otherwise enjoy at my leisure. And a few we didn't get to on the night and I had already tried most of them (some to great excess) while I was over there.

How strong was the watermelon flavour just out of curiousity?
I found the watermelon flavour quite subtle. The background flavour of a watermelon was balanced with an overall light, clean and very drinkable base beer.

Back