Tv Show Men Brewing Badly - World Cup 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is cool, however this breaches AHB rule 3, distribution of copyrighted media.

:unsure:

This is cool, however this breaches AHB rule 3, distribution of copyrighted media.

:unsure:

Comes from thebox, which are very careful about broadcast breaching. They don't allow anything that is commercially available. As soon as it is, its pulled from distribution.

Watched episode 4 last night as well while waiting for the midnight game to start. will watch tonights just before the England kick off - Thanks heaps Andy :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers Ross

Thats exactly last night and will do tonight. Time to watch us English get beaten by ze Germans.

or....

it could be the karma world cup, beat the Germans on penalties then win against Argentina with a hand ball

As long as we don't play sideshow Crouch, in the last game he was seen warming up on his uni-cycle being persued by the bearded lady.

Comes from thebox, which are very careful about broadcast breaching. They don't allow anything that is commercially available. As soon as it is, its pulled from distribution.

Men Brewing Badly is distributed by ITV Digital Channels Ltd on their UK channel ITV4, which is a commercial station.

Sorry, but seems I disagree with most comments here, I watched the first few episodes and then decided not to waste any more of my life on such utter rubbish.
IMHO the show is nothing more than two English tossers on some sort of ego wank that has no logical purpose or particular reason.
The only amusing beer-related stuff is so glossed over it gets a few seconds of air-time (lets throw a few 6packs at locals or go laugh at an African home/village brewer) while their stupid wank-sessions and ego trip seems to take up the majority of the program.

The '3 Sheets' show was much more interesting in terms of any beer-related content in regard to African local brewers and the like, and if I wanted to watch Pommy's tour Africa, both Top Gear and Ewen McGregor are much more amusing.

Men Brewing Badly is distributed by ITV Digital Channels Ltd on their UK channel ITV4, which is a commercial station.
You can always watch it live from their website for free if you feel you are somehow financially disadvantaging the station, the producers or the actors etc.

So in the last episode they got SAB to brew them a 'Real Ale' batch, brewed delivered and drinking after 5 days? Not sure I buy that.

You can always watch it live from their website for free if you feel you are somehow financially disadvantaging the station, the producers or the actors etc.
I don't feel I'm financially disadvantaging them because I do not plan to watch this show at all, however just because the station (commercial or otherwise), chooses to release the material at no cost to the viewer does not mean people unaffiliated with the network can freely release this material on their own networks. There's a reason why free-to-air TV has commercials. Otherwise, you wouldn't have free-to-air TV. They generate revenue to host these shows via commercials, of course.

The material is still subject to copyright by either the producer (HCA Entertainment) and/or ITV, and/or subject to licensing and distribution agreements of which ITV is a part of. Unless one can show they have recieved, via official documentation from any of the above parties dictating otherwise, then we don't have the right to list those links here.

I'm not trying to be overzealous here, merely illustrating that the rules are standard and aren't really open to subjective interpretation - especially in legal cases. It appears the general concensus is an attitude of "well I feel this way about <subject>, thus I find it morally acceptable, thus it is effectively exempt from the rules."

Rule 3 still applies IMHO. Unless admin/mods tell me to STFU.

Latest posts

Back