Turn Up The Heat

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Chiller

yes 90 min boil takes 90 min :lol: :lol:

I was worried about boiling to hard

Looks like I gotta one of these now as well :( :unsure:

no i didn't get '3' yet as he said you made them up yourself and he didn't know anything about them I didn't bother questioning that. You did get them from there though didn't you?
anyway i'll look into them ASAP as is i can't use them untill the reg comes in.
The tap i don't have yet where can i buy one like yours?

Cheers Jayse

The copper stand off pipe was made for me by Maxbuilt in Beulah Road Norwood. They may even have the reg or one suitable.

You'll also need a Tee piece and an extra gas line.

Welcome to the world of nuclear fusion :p

Steve

cheers.
Maxbilt it is, then parramount browns for the steel for the frame.

I am like a kid on christmas day.

Jayse

Chiller can you explane the exta stuff?

Will not be a problem for me to make it up if I know what's required

Batz I presume you mean the copper tube between the gas line and the burner?

All it is is basically 3mm [or similar copper 20 - 30 cms long] flared with the appropriate male and female connections for attaching the flexible gas line and then attaching the copper to the burner tap.

All gas lines must be rated for temperature and pressur. Not a standard BBQ extension gas line.

If you run two burners off one regulator just get a tee connection.

Elbow grease to remove the paint.

If I've missed any or all of you question PM me.

Steve

OK too easy

I have all the gear at home to make up that

jayse said:
Ok I now have two of these myself. Just making a flight plan now.
-snip-
Brewing just got insane here at the skunk fart brewery with a massive 90Litre kettle finding its way home with me from globe imports also. :blink:
-snip-
Ok now everyone can really say iam insane with a 90 litre kettle. :blink:
[insert dr evil laugh]

Awesome, so not only will be able to hear you on brew day from Sydney we will also be able to see the evaporation from your kettle.
Awesome.

Of course I expect to see pictures in the gallery.

Very jealous,
Doc

I am sure I'll be able to get a wiff of Jayse's brew day even from where I am

Adelaide Malt Company cranking up production for the lanching of the 90 Lt kettle

:chug: :unsure: :chug: :blink: :chug: :ph34r:

Sorry small thread hijack with the pot and frame.
Anyway frame done and pics will come tommorow i just need some batteries for the camera.

With the reg i did the hose up as tight as i was comfortable doing seens the reg thread and housing looks like pretty cheap alloy and i didn't want to break it. anyway it still leaks so i will get some sealant for gas lines and fix that.
I didn't get the same reg as chillers but one that does the same thing ie very high pressure.

Oh and the paint on the stands does look like a fair amount of elbow grease worth.

also the hose i got looks like the same as my normal hose but the guy reckons it will handle much higher pressure than the reg could give.
He basically brazed up copper pipe to threads for that part.

Jayse

Hello all,

I was in the new Ray's Outdoors in Camperdown this afternoon - it's a big store, with lots of stuff and lots of staff (but thats another story).

I'm pretty sure they sell the burner/stand combo used by chiller - at least it looks very much like it. They also have the one I wrote about elsewhere. I think they're pretty much the same except chiller's is a little lower to the ground and doesn't have the skirting (which may offer some additional protection from the wind).

If its the same as chiller's - it's selling for $40, and the one with the side skirt is 50.

When I talked to the fellow in the store he said they're used for 50 litre cooking, talked about turkey fryers etc... the wonders of american cuisine...

They also have a range of 1-4 ring burners and loads of other stuff - gumboots, fishing rods - small electric doovers to keep a single beverage cold, ski gloves to keep your hands warm if you're brewing in the snow...

cheers
reg

Hopeye, the pot is alumium and very thick.

With the burners I'll go to ray's outdoors soon and see if the burners there are the same.

Jayse

The NASA burner on a stand from Rays Outdoors is on my Xmas present list.

Chiller, how have you found the stand to hold up now that you have used it for a few months ?

Jayse, got those pictures of your new stand etc ?

Beers,
Doc

Hi Doc,
The NASA burners [thanks for the name guys :)] are exceptional in all aspects.

Doc the stands have shown no signs of deterioration. They seem actually quite wel made considering the metal thickness.

The constant red heat has probably herdened them.

Hope you enjoy them Doc.

5 brews in one day??

Steve

So are these the ones being sold at Rays Outdoors then?
I've had a lookat them. They seemed good, especially as they are raised on the legs.
Chiller and chance of posting a pic with the copper standoff pipe and how it connects to the rest of the unit. it would come in handy when i ned to show it to someone to do the job for me.

cheers

Hi Johnno,

Go back to page 1 of this thread and I've posted a pic of the copper pipe. It is about 300mm long and has the same fittings on both ends.

Steve

chiller,
thanks for that. Saftey is a big concern for me.
So basically you have copper pipe instead of the hose.

cheers

Back