Truffles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmcke109

Reaction score
Was watching a cooking show on truffles the other day. The cooks were saying they go with all different types of foods. Got me thinking has anyone out there ever made a truffle infused beer?

Too hard, you have to totally demean yourself for the amusement of the Australian Public by running under the Eiffel Tower and find a little shop in a confusing maze of streets first.

Too hard, you have to totally demean yourself for the amusement of the Australian Public by running under the Eiffel Tower and find a little shop in a confusing maze of streets first.

Don't get BribieG started on Masterchef! :D

Don't get BribieG started on Masterchef! :D

Regardless of his actual weight, has anyone thought the same thing?!

chef2%20(19)-600x400.jpg
pig.jpg

He looks like a little piggy!

As for George, he an acclaimed chef with beautiful skills in the kitchen, but still eats and serves at the table like a little wog boy with no table etiquette. :lol:

Was watching a cooking show on truffles the other day. The cooks were saying they go with all different types of foods. Got me thinking has anyone out there ever made a truffle infused beer?

Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher has a truffle beer in it somewhere I think. I'd have to grab mine and check.
Not tried it myself though...

Got me thinking has anyone out there ever made a truffle infused beer?
Bit a bit of the pricey side I could imagine.
Only ever come across the fresh stuff in markets in Europe, but I have used the oil before and it's quite potent stuff!
Not sure how it'd go in a beer...perhaps in a rich stout or funky Belgian?

Tidal Pete has a copy of Radical Brewing, maybe PM him and he'll look it up for you I'm sure.

The Wig & Pen in Canberra has a spiced ale running through truffles in their hop tower at the moment. Had a small taste of it the other night but it's not really my sort of thing.

Regardless of his actual weight, has anyone thought the same thing?!

chef2%20(19)-600x400.jpg
pig.jpg

He looks like a little piggy!

As for George, he an acclaimed chef with beautiful skills in the kitchen, but still eats and serves at the table like a little wog boy with no table etiquette. :lol:

Who looks like Jiminy Cricket!

J_Crickett.jpg

Not truffles as in truffles ... but you could try truffles as in the 'beer' called Truffles by Steam Exchange in Goolwa?

(... it uses a little spirit in secondary ;) )

We can get fresh truffles over here in WA. They farm them in manjimup for export to france and around australia. You will find that a lot of restaurants over east would use these truffles. But not something i will be trying any time soon.

Back