True South? Cherry Porter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Giant

Reaction score
Howdy All

Was in Melbourne on the weekend and was at some beer place in the city and had a beer that was a Cherry Porter, think the brewary was True South or True Local.

Anyway i'm not really a dark beer drinker but this was fantastic. Anyone know if they sell it in stubbies? Anyone attempted to make it?

Cheers
Steve

It's True South. As far as I know they don't bottle anything but I did see/hear a rumor that they might be in the near future. Sam posts on here so she may be able to clarify and give you some hints about trying to clone it.

Spewing as I'm from Bris and dont get to Melbourne much, but god it was good. Was drinking them all night! and I never really drink much dark beer bar maybe Kilkenny

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the thumbs up on the Cherry Bomb, it was a great brew to play around with!! I only had 3 weeks to put it down, so i think it's perfect drinking now!! its just a pity there ain't none left :huh: I did put a keg into bottles out at Hargraves Hill, but that was just for a show we had last Friday night.

Not sure if I'll brew it again, but you never know :icon_cheers:

Sam

I was at True South on Saturday and had the Cherry Bomb. I also tried it at the Local Taphouse GABS a few weeks ago. A very nice drop Sam. Care to share the recipe with us? Give us a few hints maybe?

well given there is none left I am very tempted to make something even remotely close to it

I may start a new thread. Still only doing cans of goo, but thinking I might buy a FWK porter and work out how to add that cherry goodness to it

I heard on the grapevine that Cookie in the city still has some left! Not sure how much? but I gave them 3 kegs and they only tapped it a few weeks ago. The Local Taphouse had it running thru the Funky Brewster with loads more cherrys and coconut a few weeks ago and I think James still has half a keg left?

Check the other Cherry Bomb thread for some brewing details.

cheers Sam.

Back