Tosser's Extra Dry

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met a guy today who said he MC'D the launch for this beer at Pervis Cellars and that they brewed it in Moorabbin??

He basically said it is tasty but nothing special he also said they have developed a plastic bottle for it? or it is in a plastic bottle?

That is all I know about it which in fact is nothing as this bloke is the one who knows something about it.

Anyone who names their brew Tossers deserves our support. Let's face it, this board's full of tossers, so he's gotta be on a winner.

It would have to be a step up from the original. Mind you, a Wander kit fermented at 32' C would be too.

I think the article (in the picture caption) mentions a warehouse in braeside as the location for the microbrewery

Credit must be paid to naming your brew something that Lion Nathan will try and stop. Look at the free publicity they are getting.
"Look out for a Tosser, coming soon, to a bottle shop near you."

Drew

Products with doofus names designed to gather free-publicity never last long. I fear the beer may not be as interesting as its name.

Afraid I have to agree. Tossers the people at tooheys may be for getting uptight about their supposed intellectual property but novelty shit is just that - a novelty.

Novelties wear off unless they're limited edition, 40 % eisbeer served from the arse of a small furry animal. The latter is helped if there's some grooving, a cave and a pict involved but that's a different story.

love the name

for that reason alone I would buy some :)

I just find it amusing that Lion Nathan considers 'tossers' under their trade mark.

I'm not going to judge a beer without drinking it but I'm struggling to think of a beer in a green bottle that I really enjoy & highly doubt that there's any beer called anything dry that I'm likely to enjoy. I'm trying to work out how I can brew beer that's wetter than what I've brewed in the past.

I'm trying to work out how I can brew beer that's wetter than what I've brewed in the past.

Wetting agent? :unsure:

Just think of the marketing you could apply, Hatchy...

"Beer....with extra wetness"

"Snhatchy's Super Wet Ale"

"Wet Ale...now you can make a wet patch on your own"

"Wet Ale...now you can make a wet patch on your own"

What about, Fergie's Black-Eyed Pee?

4b201-14712312_1036394169Did_fergie_pee_her_pants.jpg

"Mr Harvey said he did not know why the company objected to the term ''Tosser's''. He came up with the name last year when looking for a label to attract the youth market."

There in lies his first and only mistake. They are a fickle bunch, will buy his beer until the next youth market orientated beer/alcopop comes along and that will be the end of that.

There are plenty of examples (that I cant think of right now) but Bondi Blonde is probably a good start.

What others??

I have no comment on Tossers (other than to acknowledging Nick and Manticle's comments), I do get pissy about a company, or even better a social structure that allows ANYONE to patent adjectives.

"Mr Harvey said he did not know why the company objected to the term ''Tosser's''. He came up with the name last year when looking for a label to attract the youth market."

There in lies his first and only mistake. They are a fickle bunch, will buy his beer until the next youth market orientated beer/alcopop comes along and that will be the end of that.

There are plenty of examples (that I cant think of right now) but Bondi Blonde is probably a good start.

What others??

Ahem....umm anybody else remember that carpet cleaner of a beer called "Thirsty Dog" by Castlemaine Perkins back in either late '99 or 2000? http://www.australianbeers.com/beers/thirs...hirsty6Pack.jpg :icon_vomit:

What others??

CUB's "Diamond" back in the mid 90's was a truly disgusting example...

What ever happened to Carlton Sterling? :icon_vomit:

Back