Tool for removing ball lock Cornelius posts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can use a 12 point socket/ring spanner on a 6 point nut but not the other way around.

My Long/Deep Sockets are 12 point sockets Matty.

Offers still there if u wanna borrow, even if it's just to test sizing.

practicalfool said:
You can use a 12 point socket/ring spanner on a 6 point nut but not the other way around.
True dat. Unless you use a socket a size or two bigger...or so I was told...ahem...ruff kunt...but would never practice myself... :ph34r: much

Camo6 said:
True dat. Unless you use a socket a size or two bigger...or so I was told...ahem...ruff kunt...but would never practice myself... :ph34r: much
Do you use shifters Camo, or are you a real diesel mechanic????

Our friendship rides on this answer :ph34r:

My friend I am now an ex-mechanic. I have seen the error of my ways and seek greener pastures, oh ye of the carbon ingrained hands.
But never shifters. Just a pry bar and a mash hammer.

11/16" deep socket has worked well for me. Some posts are 7/8".

If you're going to buy one take a post (or posts if you have different ones) with you to check that it fits. Problem solved.

pedleyr said:
If you're going to buy one take a post (or posts if you have different ones) with you to check that it fits. Problem solved.
if the OP can get them off that is. otherwise he'd have to drag a couple of kegs to the shops.

Florian said:
if the OP can get them off that is. otherwise he'd have to drag a couple of kegs to the shops.
Would get a few glances taking a couple of kegs into the hardware store.

I haven't been able to get them off - using a standard tool it was starting to damage both the pin and the tool. But thanks to an offer by Shaunous, will be able to get around this.

Back