Need help finding tool for converted pin lock to ball lock keg posts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_D

Reaction score
So I got a couple of kegs off of ebay, converted pin locks which now have ball lock fittings on them. Awesome. Except that I immediately noticed they do not have something you could get a spanner of any kind on to. They are completely round, with no flat edges, and only two small dimples on opposing sides of each post. They are no doubt some kind of tamper proof arrangement (which is stupid, seeing as they are my property, and I need to do maintenance on them). To make matters worse, I suspect one of them has a slow leak in either the dip tube, or gas tube O-rings.....

I have attached pics (they are of the one post, opposite sides). Has anyone come across these fittings before? do you know what tool I require? Is there a way around it? I fear it requires some deep, custom socket, probably driven by a powerful ratchet gun.

Thanks in advance - Nick
IMG_20160324_233054.jpgIMG_20160324_233111.jpg

There will be a proper tool, something like this, Called a C-Spanner
1810_b.gif
Or the alternative
water_pump_pliers_CPE2231.jpg
M

I'd be making a c-spanner out of a piece of flat bar using the above template. I made one out of a piece of stainless to undo my beer taps on the kegerator.

Latest posts

Back