Odd ball lock post sizes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ester Trub

Reaction score
So I was given a Cornelius keg with the large fittings on the right attached. (Definitely Cornelius, as per the stamp)
I thought all Corny kegs had the same ball lock posts and threads so I ordered a gas and liquid post for Corny kegs (in pic), but when I go to fit them the thread is different and they won't screw on.
Does anyone know why or what I would have to get to convert this to ball lock?
What is the thread size on the large fittings?

IMG_20150402_125208.jpg

Photo of the keg thread will help mate :)

Let me know if you want to sell the fittings you removed, if they're in good condition.

The fittings you originally had only fit genuine corny keg threads, so I imagine the replacements you ordered are not actual cornelius keg items, but a replacement for a different brand keg.

I can't help you with the specs you need, but many websites (particularly US sites) sell different posts for different kegs, and will probably have the specs on there...

If its genuine Cornelius it is something like 19/32 thread, have a hunt on eBay in the states as that's where I found some spare posts for mine, the ones like you have purchased I think are for the firestone kegs

Thanks for the help guys. I'm assuming they just sent me the wrong fittings.
I'll check to see if they fit on any of my other corny kegs before I complain.

Latest posts

Back