Tobacco Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a wad as in 50gm pouch of "Bank" actually... 23$ and cant even taste it! doh!

yeah but those skidmarks are an accident waiting to happen :(
It`s just not worth risking.

stagga.

yeah true, but a bottle of bundy can have the same affect!

That admittedly sounded hypocritical. I used to smoke cigarettes, and I enjoyed a cigar as recently as Feb this year. I meant from a personal position, I dislike the effects of the drug nicotine on my person, it makes me feel ill.

I feel that if you are adding tobacco to a beer, especially in the boil, you have a chance of delivering a large dose of nicotine into your body, especially if you have a few beers. The effects of this might be negative.

ED: I don't give a flying **** what smokers do if they keep it out of my face.

Obviously, too much nicotine is going to kill you. But the effects of nicotine are relatively short-lived. Thats why my old man used to be able to smoke in excess of 120 Peter Jacksons a day. You'd want to be very careful about how much you add - I certainly wouldnt add any more than about 1-2 cigarettes of tobacco per litre.

Probably wouldnt be too bright to actually smoke while you drank it either.

Obviously, too much nicotine is going to kill you. But the effects of nicotine are relatively short-lived. Thats why my old man used to be able to smoke in excess of 120 Peter Jacksons a day. You'd want to be very careful about how much you add - I certainly wouldnt add any more than about 1-2 cigarettes of tobacco per litre.

Probably wouldnt be too bright to actually smoke while you drank it either.

120 a day? Assuming he lit up at 6 am. and smoked nonstop for 16 hours till 10pm, he`d be smoking a cigarette non stop every 7 or 8 minutes for 16 hours.
Some sort of record there surely.

stagga.

Oh, man... Imperial Stout infused with Tobacco and Ristretto coffee!
Imagine that!

120 a day? Assuming he lit up at 6 am. and smoked nonstop for 16 hours till 10pm, he`d be smoking a cigarette non stop every 7 or 8 minutes for 16 hours.
Some sort of record there surely.

stagga.

Yep. More or less. I cant remember seeing him without one in his mouth before I was about 10.

Edit: Actually, it might have been 90 - I remember it being 3 packs a day, but I think he smoke PJs, which came in a 30 pack. He was an absolute chain smoker at that stage.

Obviously, too much nicotine is going to kill you. But the effects of nicotine are relatively short-lived.

Method of extraction will come into this.
It is my opinion that a sizable dose of nicotine will be undesirable for most people.

j1gsaw, I am waiting to see your final first hand verdict with 50g of Bank.

I want to see someone do a pouch of White Ox at 90mins. :icon_vomit:

Method of extraction will come into this.
It is my opinion that a sizable dose of nicotine will be undesirable for most people.

Yes, that is the big variable. I think its important to remember that tobacco (from my point of view) would be added for flavour and aroma, not nicotine. The question is little do you need to achieve a flavour/aroma and how much is 'safe'.

I want to see someone do a pouch of White Ox at 90mins. :icon_vomit:

Only if you are brewing in a prison dunny :lol:

Yep. More or less. I cant remember seeing him without one in his mouth before I was about 10.
Awesome.
When you look at a performance like that, the Marlboro Man doesn`t get a look in.
Just another whitewash for those pissant Yanks. :beerbang:

stagga.

So.. crappping and bullshitting aside.. has anyone actually done a "bakky" beer?

tzun23l.jpg

few here
sorry

stagga.

edit......they did the baccy beer......
it fuckin killed em :lol:

The brown ale i did with the 50gm of bank (i had one tonite just for shits n giggles reasons), and it seems to have taken on a diffrent flavour, a bit like, dare i say it.... drinking ciggerette stained water..... then again, could be the 2kg of dex i put with it too... sighhhh, i wouldnt do it again.

Reading one of the ratebeer reviews it notes "Aroma is tobacco (snus)", which poses the question why not put some snus in secondary?

Or have a cigarette at the same time as drinking, or strap one under your nose if you just want the aroma.

Or have a cigarette at the same time as drinking, or strap one under your nose if you just want the aroma.

Burning and inhaling tobacco has an entirely different taste and aroma to actual tobacco.

As for holding something under your nose for aroma, I think you just saved me 5 minute hop additions from now on - just make up a wee baggie of my favourite hops :D.

Yeah, I remember reading something about tobacco extract (more or less refined nicotine) years ago. A couple of drops are enough to kill.
Forgive me, this is from memory (a pre google concept)
In the first quarter of the last century there used to be a product called " Blackleaf 40", this was a tabacco extract used as some sort of a *cide (fungicide, insecticide,herbicide, you get the picture). Workers processing this could and did die if some was spilt on them. The nicotine was absorbed through the skin, nicotine despite what smokers may say and think is a powerfull stimulant (the relaxtion or stress relief from the fag is merely proof of addiction) and an OD = Death.

K

Burning and inhaling tobacco has an entirely different taste and aroma to actual tobacco.

As for holding something under your nose for aroma, I think you just saved me 5 minute hop additions from now on - just make up a wee baggie of my favourite hops :D.

Now in large scale processing, high concentrations can lead to deaths. Its a cardio stimulant and will send your heart racing which has led to deaths. But again, not in the levels of homefarm production and use.

Smoking tobacco is aged and "fermented" before being chopped and made ready for smoking purposes.

Growing tobacco you can't smoke it, it needs year(s) of processing to get to the state its ready. The processing technique can lead to an increase in its carcinogenic factors, the modern way is to speed up the process tremendously and although not healthy to start with, its even less so now.

I'm really disappointed in this country, its legal to grow in the UK and the USA for own use. I always did natural gardening things that bettered the commercial petro-chemical poison industry.

Tobacco leaves soaked in water and sprayed will kill insects. Then it will biodegrade rapidly and become harmless.
Tobacco leaves soaked in water and sprayed at higher concentrations will kill plants. Then it will biodegrade rapidly and become harmless.
Beer (granted it was mega cheap mega swill prices a lot better than in Oz) Mixed with Coca Cola, and Soap in a sprayer would turn a lawn green in no time and keep it bright and healthy while the neighbours down the street with their store bought chemicals looked on in jealousy.

Then again, I don't have to worry about lawns anymore since moving up from down South.. Brown is the new green here, and I'm getting used to it :D

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Latest posts

Back