To Much Multodex

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluejed

Reaction score
What a night.... I have just put down a brew and mixed up Dex and Maltodex.... you idiot....
I was intending to do a pale ale and the recipe was to be
1 can Coopers pale ale
.5 Kg LDME
.8 KG Dex
.3 KG Maltodex

the brew has ended up
1 can Coopers pale ale
.5 Kg LDME
.5 KG Dex
.8 KG Maltodex

What have I done, the OG and FG will be thrown out due to the amount of nonfermentables.. will this afect anything else??

Regards,
Idiot :angry:

It will end up a bit less in alc content and a bit more frothy from the maltodextrin. I doubt if you would notice much difference, but if you would like to restore the alcohol content to the planned level then just chuck in 300 of dextrose, you can add it to the fermenter even if you have already started fermentation, no worries. Maltodextrin is virtually tasteless and just adds body and head retention. Too much it can give a 'soapy' mouthfeel but you should be ok at those levels.

:icon_cheers:

Gives you a thicker beer with more unfermentables!

It could be a cracker.

Ferment, bottle then sample I say :chug:

0% Maltodextrin is the best amount, imvho.

You'll likely get a higher FG, creamy mouthfeel and feel bloated from less beers. Depending on your digestive enzymes, you might get musical after drinking it too.

0% Maltodextrin is the best amount, imvho.

Depending on your digestive enzymes, you might get musical after drinking it too.

Great, the wife already complains :eek:

We will se how go's, I will be dry hopping with Pride of ringwood (16gms) for a couple of weeks.

PS, Keg system going great thanks Raven19 :D :D

Back