Tiny Beer Cans

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliffo

Reaction score
My GF's sister and her family just got back from 5 weeks in Japan and she brought me back a little pressie..literally :D

135ml cans of beer...those quirky Japanese :lol: :lol:

IMG_7524.JPG

They seem to be the perfect size for people that like to write their own feem toon and sing their own feem toon... :lol:

yeh sure saves shopping for pressies, just bag a couple of cans on the flight home...

Aren't they airplane cans?

Not sure, she said she found them in a store somewhere over in Japan.

I'm not going to crack them open for the sake of 135ml of beer - will keep them as decorations.

A nice thought for a pressie though.

they are really sold in Japan. Guys on eBay are selling them for 4 bucks each.

169129793_o.jpg

2583471285_bddedab26d.jpg

you know, you could buy a stack of these and use them as roadies between the seat and the beer fridge :D

and if you've read 'Papillion' you'll know they are small enough to smuggle though customs :lol:

they are really sold in Japan. Guys on eBay are selling them for 4 bucks each.

you know, you could buy a stack of these and use them as roadies between the seat and the beer fridge :D

Would they get you that far though? :eek:

I have also seen ones that are 2/3rds height but about 2/3 normal diameter. They were freebies and good for two mouthfuls.

The JS Golden Ale i have had on flights recently was more than 135ml, i think it's 300ml or so, short can though.
You can blame Boony for the decrease in can size for Long-haul flights.
If the cans are only 135 ml, anyone can be a hero! :lol:

I found them in liquor section of the supermarket in Japan. I also picked up a couple of matching mini beer glasses. Invited a mate over for a few beers, he was a little disappointed. Yeah, it was a real bender that night.

Also grabbed some of these fully imported Kirin 500ml cans on the weekend from Fuji-Mart in South Yarra, Melbourne. I think they were about $3.80 each.

mini_jockey.jpg

Those cans are great. It would certainly be fun drinking them (LOTS of them.)

FEEM?

Federation of European Explosive Manufacturers?

www.feem-europe.org

Sometimes I want to drink my beer just for the taste of it, but don't want a whole bottle. I'll often split a 330ml bottle of LCPA or something. So what if one only wants a small glass?

...Oh thats right.. this is the forum where I was flamed because I don't consider drinking half a case a night normal healthy alcohol consumption... <_<

Back