Times Are Tough? Or Screwed Up Priorities?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sqyre

Bee & Thistle Brewery
Reaction score
With SWMBO on board the brewing wagon..
i now have a licence to brew whenever, buy whatever brew gear i want, and keep a Good stock of all brewing essentials...
NOTHING stands in my way of a brew day..... nothing...? <_<

I have approximatly:-
140kg's of grain,
2 kg's of various Hops,
Yeast a plenty in various forms...
A Brewstand polished and ready to go....

So whats the issue??
with payday Tuesday and $0 balance in the bank... I need a $10 pair of bushes for my makita drill to crack the grain. :blink:
And my gas bottle has about 1.5 hours gas in it...with an empty spare i cant fill.. :(

Oh well... on the bright side at least i haven't run out of beer.
So much for Sunday brewday...
Now i get to spend the rest of the day dodging one Pissed Off Mrs Sqyre.. :unsure:

Sqyre...

Oh well matey, I'll see you on TF2 later and you can blow me to pieces. That's free ! :lol:

A sad tale. You could do some hand cranking of course, but unless you can make you own gas.... ;)

how did that old AC/DC song go............

I got a Cadalac, but i cant afford the gas.

I will give you a dollar/kg for the grain so you can fill the gas bottle...... oh..... but then you will have no grain.

looks like your just going to have to spend your day planing how to convert the brewery to electric!

cheers

I think i will have to have a checklist to be filled out before the grocery shopping is done.
Grain? check
Hops? check
Yeast? check
Spare Gas Bottle? check
Drill? oops... sorry kids, Bread and water this week....Daddy needs a backup makita... :eek:

I would hand crank it... but i chopped my hand crank up to make the bit for the drill to suit the marga...
I supose i could weld a makeshift handle on it...
ahhh stuff it...
See you in Team Fortress 2 soon Domonsura... :D

Sqyre... :rolleyes:

According to SWMBO I have copious supplies of natural gas, now to figure out a non-invasive collection system :huh:
Bugger, two empty gas bottles also. :(
Well if I can't brew a beer, I guess drinking one is the only option left open.

Ahhhhhh...the familiar feeling of being broke.......I know it well......

Here's my latest reason for being broke.......I feel curiously good but sorry for myself at the same time...... :huh: but at least I'll have somewhere cool to sit in the summer this year......:D

looking at it now I have the urge to paint it blue and rename it 'The Tardis'...:lol:

DSC01646.JPG

DSC01645.JPG

Brothers, Brewers, (Sisters?), Unite! Our comrade has fallen victim to poor (probably alcohol hindered) planning, and we must band together to help him! Let no man be left behind! We must all pitch together to help poor Sqyre in his dire straight! If every one of us farts into a jar and sends it to Sqyre, he should be able to survive until the mythical Pay Day!.

Lobby

P.S. Wait a minute, this is the bloke who brags about his SWMBO brewing for him... On second thoughts, screw him... *Opens his jar*

Looks good mate, Hope thats hops in the pic... :huh:
I'd put a pic of the reason i'm broke but i dont have any pics of the Missus and the kids handy... :lol:
Sh*t.... keep forgetting she lives on here... :ph34r:

Oh well, i might save a few bucks if she does the vastectomy..
Sqyre...

EDIT: and thanks for the sentiment too... Crab-Boy.... :lol:

Sqyres "No Boil" method perhaps?

Maybe hire your bar out for functions, weddings ect?

Now i get to spend the rest of the day dodging one Pissed Off Mrs Sqyre.. :unsure:

Sqyre...

I thought this predicament would have been grounds for another emergency meeting.. :unsure:

Jeez Brucie, your not real Brewer unless you have a 9kg backup bottle for the 9kg backup bottle. Get your act together man.

cheers

Browndog

I thought this predicament would have been grounds for another emergency meeting..

We actually had a couple of emergency meetings before we relized we had an emergency... :lol:
Then we tried to hold an emergency "emergency" meeting to "discuss" the "emergency"... :(

I'll call when i'm walkin again... ;)

Sqyre... :lol:

According to SWMBO I have copious supplies of natural gas, now to figure out a non-invasive collection system
/quote]

Perry,

As you may recall(?) I am a little handy at creating natural gas too. If you can find a way to harness the bountiful supply that we could both create then there should be enough for us both + Brucey with a little lot left over to sell to Ergon Energy for hop\grain money.
Great thread Brucey. :icon_cheers:

TP :beer:

We actually had a couple of emergency meetings before we relized we had an emergency... :lol:
Then we tried to hold an emergency "emergency" meeting to "discuss" the "emergency"... :(

I need to contract Mrs Sqyre to give Mrs Schooey some 'Emergency Response Training' methinks...;)

Singlehandedly, Pete is the reason behind.. and answer to our global greenhouse warming.. :D
If you attend a Qld Case Swap its a strict early morning rule - no naked flames... :lol:

Good on ya Pete..

Sqyre.. ;)

Ran out of gas? Time to build a fire Sqyre.

Am sure someone will crush your grain for you.

Ran out of gas? Time to build a fire Sqyre.

Am sure someone will crush your grain for you.

I feel your pain mate. But what a great time to brew a traditional stone beer. Just build a fire as mentioned and heat up a big stone while you mash... use the fire to heat your water. To boil, lower the white hot stone into your wort and she'll boil. Add the stone to your lagering beer later on.

:party:

Well, here it is....the first "genuine" reason to harbor the natural gasses at each and every Qld Case Swap..... A few tactfully placed balloons at the arse end of a number of prolific forum goers, and not only will we have a backup for ANY Qld brewer in need of a gas bottle refill, but a solution to global warming.....

With Pete, Sqyre, Winkle and a couple of others, the CO2 and methane industries of Australia will be set for years to come.... Bring on the July Swap, and bring on Australia's next export boom....

Prst!

(NickB under the influence - no liability for any postings from this point forward are held by either NickB or AHB, nor are the deaths by lethal gassing any responsibility of the poster or the moderators, at either the upcoming swap, or any aforementioned Qld AHA get-together........)

:p

Latest posts

Back