Time For A New Chest Freezer ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justsomeguy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well we've done the move to Perth and everything appears to have arrived in a reasonable condition apart from the keg freezer !

I turned in on over the weekend to start chilling a robust porter I just didn't have to haert to chuck down the drain and the temp started to drop. She appears to be getting to around 7degrees and won't go any lower. So is she stuffed ? If so I may be able to use it as a fermenting freezer which wouldn't be the end of the world.

If she's stuffed then does anyone know of any discount electrical outlets in Perth where I might be able to score another one ? Not sure whether SWMBO will let me go for a new one. Too scared to ask her yet. She's in a bit of a tizz about unpacking the rest fo the house at the moment. :blink:

Thanks,

gary

I think it might just need a re-gas or hopefully something else simple like that - at least its still "functioning", so I wouldn't give up on it yet!

ok,

If a regas is going to be the go then where would I start looking for someone to be able to do it and any ballpark figures on potential costs ? Having never had it done before I wouldn't know what a reasonable price would be for such a job.

gary

7 degrees sounds like perfect drinking temperature for a robust porter.....

Back