Tahoose Keezer Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tahoose

Reaction score
Ok everybody here is a collection of photo's I took whilst building my keezer, pretty much all went to plan but may have cost a little on than I had first anticipated. I did but pretty much everything new with the thought that I'm only building one of these things so best do it well. Did save some money on the keg and tap bulk buys. Big up's to Bridges and DaveHQ for organising those.

The run down is basically a 300ltr chest freezer, controlled by an STC-1000, running 5 perlicks flow control taps in stainless. Have a bigger style CO2 bottle (6kg) and run 2 regulators to 2 seperate manifolds. A 4 way and a 2 way.

The top and bottom collars are made from structural pine and the sides and front are cladded in pine lining boards, the boards have a tongue and groove so they basically just slot into each other. The top piece is a laminated pine board which was 1800mm x 600mm and thought was a good fit for $33, it was cut to size.

There are 4 castors under the crossbeams attached to the bottom collar which were about 88mm from memory. The front 2 are fixed and the rear 2 are swivel type and are also lockable. I can move the entire unit full with kegs and CO2 bottle with relative easy. One man job. That isn't me saying I can lift it buy myself.

The entire unit measures up at around 1.2m high, 1.4m wide (front) and 60cm depth. I'm not sure what the drip tray sits at but its a functional height. The drip tray is 60cm long by 19cm wide.

Sorry if it seems like i skipped parts, might have gotten carried away building locked up in the garage at times.

The bottom collar
DSC02811.JPG

Side view with some boards attached, 35mm gap to allow air flow.
DSC02813.JPG

Front and side boards done, top resting for perspective.
DSC02815.JPG

Had to see what a tap looked like
DSC02816.JPG

Getting excited now
DSC02817.JPG

Cabots Cedar Satin Stain and Varnish, light sand and apply, 2 coats in total, just managed to finish with one 500ml tin. Massive thanks to SWMBO for the staining job (think she fell in love with the thing during the process).
DSC02840.JPG

Had an attachment which worked with tightening the hose clamps, thankful seeing i had 2 regs, 2 entries, 6 exits from the manifolds and 11 disconnects.
DSC02848.JPG

Gas for size, almost had a dummy spit when the bottle wouldn't fit in the allowed space, cursing my not measuring that part. Sat back had a beer, thought about it for a while, turned the reg's around a full 180 degrees and they just fit. Thank god for that B)
DSC02850.JPG

Inside, a little untidy for now, all functioning though. Could fit 6 x 19ltr kegs plus 2 x 9.5ltr if needed but I don't have that many yet. :ph34r: 4 x 19 and 3x 9.5 is enough for now I think. The 4-way manifold runs at 12psi and runs my beer taps, the 2-way is used to run which ever keg is different/force carbonate. on the 2-way manifold one of the disconnects is a black/liquid d/c and therefore pumps CO2 down the dip tube and feeds into the keg from the bottom up.
DSC02854.JPG

Had the boys around on Saturday night to give it a good run in :beer:
DSC02851.JPG

Moment of satisfaction, Pale ale for me, don't mind if I do
photo.JPG

Order of taps at the moment is;
Pale Ale
Lager
Golden Ale
Cider
CC & Dry

Any questions just fire away, really enjoying being able to get home from work, grab a glass and pour a tasty beer. Just finished a lager as it happens. Quite proud of how this has turned out.

Disclaimer - self confessed amateur on the tools.

Mate, she is nice!
I would suggest tho, give it a couple of clear coats too.
You've basically just sealed it with a one pack stain and varnish.
If you want the timber to stop absorbing spills and a few less marks left on the top, it doesn't hurt to give it an extra bit of loving.

Great post. Thanks for taking the time to put it up.

What about a keg of soda water on a Pluto so you have water on tap right at your bar. I find that I'm often reaching for a spray bottle to wash foam off the sides of glasses and to rinse between changing styles so that'll be my next project.

H0U5ECAT said:
Mate, she is nice!
I would suggest tho, give it a couple of clear coats too.
You've basically just sealed it with a one pack stain and varnish.
If you want the timber to stop absorbing spills and a few less marks left on the top, it doesn't hurt to give it an extra bit of loving.
Yeah I have been considering that, was just worried that it might bring out the flaws in my work.

Did think about a soda water also, that was another reason for the dual regulator, not so much of a priority just yet but I have a Pluto gun anyway so if I decide to go that way it's not much effort.

Wilkensone said:
Looks amazing mate, definitely something to aspire to !
Cheers, I'd probably put it at about 30hrs worth of work total.

Brilliant job mate!
Very simple design, trolley with keezer and then simply clad. i like!

Id recommend getting another tap for soda water, I only have 3 taps in a small keezer and its well worth it. Soda water makes for easy flushing (not cleaning) of the beer lines to!

And just to balance it out on the other side have a tap for cola, or if you can somehow work out how to get some coke sirup do that =p
Also get yourself some small cable ties and tame that pipe mess!

Yeah the cable ties aren't really going to help though as I only have short lines, 1.2m from keg to tap. It's more the fact that there are 11 different lines kicking about inside.

Latest posts

Back