Threecan? or simple rocket fuel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

memainmon

Reaction score
I have plenty of ldme and dextrose and want to make a rocket fuel for the hell of it, is there any three can recipes?

what sort of ABV you looking at doing

Id just do a two can for a lighter style beer and bump up the ABV with dex and use some notto
to chew through it nice and fast, something like this:

2 x coopers APA
1kg of LDME
1kg of dex
made to 21litres
maybe do a hop tea and dry hop with some C hops
1 packets of Nottingham and both yeasts under the lid
avb 9.1%
40.4 IBUs

age it for a minimum 12 weeks and it should be fairly nice id imaging and able to get you to the moon fast enough.

anything much higher than that the yeast might struggle to get through it

Do you think this recipe would go ok with just the dry hop? If so how much hops and do recommend any paticular C yeast for taste?

want to make a rocket fuel for the hell of it
Why not:- 1 can Coopers extra stout, can of dark ale, can of draught, 1kg of your malt and 1kg of dextrose, 500gms of lactose. use all three kit yeasts and 23 litres. Bottle and store. (about:- OG 1.118, FG 1.034, 11.9%)
Cheers

Sure dry hopping only should be fine, By "C" hops I mean any hop starting with "C" , Citra, Cascade, Centennial etc. 50-100 grams to a 21 litre batch is where id start.

With the yeast you can use the kit yeast only but I just suggested to add Nottingham as well because its a beast and will chew through it fast.

Grotts looks like a winner too if you have a hankering for the dark side

Thanks guys, i rekon il go with grott's brew simply because its started to get cold and the dark side brew sounds right for that, when I feel like doing rocket come spring il try the apa though :)

grott said:
Why not:- 1 can Coopers extra stout, can of dark ale, can of draught, 1kg of your malt and 1kg of dextrose, 500gms of lactose. use all three kit yeasts and 23 litres. Bottle and store. (about:- OG 1.118, FG 1.034, 11.9%)
Cheers
Lactose just in at the same time as the others yeah? any idea on the time in the fv and bottle on this one? I forgot to add I have plenty of maltodextrine at hand if it would help?

I've personally done this brew about 3 times
t/c irish stout
t/c heritage lager
coopers dark ale
1.5 kgs of dextrose
all the yeasts from the cans plus 3 more I had on hand rehydrated
pitched @ 21deg sg 1.096 /21 liters
fg 1.024
then bottled in stubbies
my old neighbour reckons it would put a horn on a jellyfish
cheers
ken

Why lactose?
I reckon it takes away the after taste bite you get if drunk to early and not matured in the bottle for some time.
Cheers

Lactose just in at the same time as the others yeah? any idea on the time in the fv and bottle on this one? I forgot to add I have plenty of maltodextrine at hand if it would help?
Add at same time, ferment min. of 14 days but do use your hydrometer before bottling. I wouldn't try one for 6 weeks but the longer the better, put a few away for 1 year, 2, 3 etc.
Cheers

If you want to lean to the dark side try this:

1 can of dark Ale or Nut Brown Ale
1 can of Sparkling Ale
1 can of Morgans Caramalt

Optional ( 1/2 can of wheat malt )

Hops of choice:

Try Nelson Sauvin, Amarillo, Cascade, Willemette or all 4 at once!

US-05 yeast ( consider a starter or 2 packets )

Seriously decent flavoursome dark beer without being a stout.

Latest posts

Back