Three Way Tap?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drag

Reaction score
At the moment is I have a celi tap that is hooked up to a corny with beer, I want to hook up another corny at the celi tap and if posible change from one input hose to another input hose with a lever coming through the fridge door.
Im getting sick of using a bronko tap for dispensing my ginger beer abd having to degas the keg before I pour, and wasting alot of gas.
Has anyone seen anthing like this and what tap material should I steer clear of if any?

I just purchased 3 meters of hose from the local HBS and fitted it to the tap.

Pours fine now. No need to de-gas etc

BOG

Crozdog, would you use a gas manifold to split the different output of kegs to the tap? I think drag is wanting to split the input to the Tap, i.e. have both keg 1 and keg 2 hooked up to the tap and change what it pours. Could be wrong here, but that was how I read it.

Thats exactly what I want Maple.
Easy to change from the outside of the fridge with little amount of swaped fluid mixed at change over.

At the moment is I have a celi tap that is hooked up to a corny with beer, I want to hook up another corny at the celi tap and if posible change from one input hose to another input hose with a lever coming through the fridge door.
Im getting sick of using a bronko tap for dispensing my ginger beer abd having to degas the keg before I pour, and wasting alot of gas.
Has anyone seen anthing like this and what tap material should I steer clear of if any?

G'day Drag,
Brass is considered to be unsuitable for beer dispensing as the acid content can leech nasties out of it. You can buy stainless 1/4" three way ball valves from places like Pirtek (local independant hose/ couipling suppliers are often cheaper). Make sure you buy L type as opposed to T type so you don't get keg to keg transfers. You just need to buy some barbs or push fit connectors (John Guest) to interface the beerline to the tap :) . You could probably extend the shaft through the door so the valve and line says internal.
Good luck :)
Cheers
Doug

Crozdog, would you use a gas manifold to split the different output of kegs to the tap? I think drag is wanting to split the input to the Tap, i.e. have both keg 1 and keg 2 hooked up to the tap and change what it pours. Could be wrong here, but that was how I read it.

I was using that pic as an illustration of the concept. It just depends on what you hook up where & which taps you turn on. I'd go with the Tpiece & 2 valves if it was me. connect each keg to the t with a valve in between. connect the common output of the t to the celi. If you want to drink from keg 1 have valve 1 on & valve 2 off. To drink from keg 2 turn valve 1 off (before opening valve 2 to prevent inter-keg transfers) then open valve 2.

dunno how you do that from outside the fridge but....

yeah, this was along the same lines as i was thinking Crozodg. or just save the money that you'd spend on the valves, fittings and t-piece, and get another celli.

edit: spelling (not grammar)

or just save the money that you'd spend on the valves, fittings and t-piece, and get another celli.

there is always a simple solution that appears if you kick something around enough B)

A brass one was going to be a cheap solution, but if it leaches then that killed the idea.
A new celi tap is cheaper than a efin staino three way tap.
Scrap the idea.
Thanks guys.

Back