Threaded Pin Lock Disconnect

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McFeast

Reaction score
G'day guys,

I have pin lock kegs, and obviously need pin lock disconnects (unless i decide to change the posts to ball lock which is not on my radar).

I have seen alot of ball lock disconnects that are threaded. I would really like to get these for my Pin lock disconnects, does anyone know where I can buy these from? Failing that, do you know if it would be easy to make one myself?

Cheers,

Simon

G'day guys,

I have pin lock kegs, and obviously need pin lock disconnects (unless i decide to change the posts to ball lock which is not on my radar).

I have seen alot of ball lock disconnects that are threaded. I would really like to get these for my Pin lock disconnects, does anyone know where I can buy these from? Failing that, do you know if it would be easy to make one myself?

Cheers,

Simon

best thing i can think of is...

jam some John Guest line onto the barb of your Pin Lock disconnects and clamp it on...

cut the tubing at about 1 inch long then you can use any JG fitting you like on it. a straight adaptor or a threaded fitting....

i do this on my regulator end of my gas lines.. JG tubing is permanently on the regulator (it would never come off and be able to be re-used, it goes on the barb fittings once and once only) then i use a straight connector so that i can move the reg away from the rest of the system if need be...

good luck. what you have described is the only reason i don't get pin locks... i love my JG push fits... so i stay with ball locks

now those flare pinlocks make having mixed kegs a breeze... just whack a JG fitting on it and presto. super simple swapping between the two types of disconnect.

Keg King have them, they're called MFL disconnects

Before I got mine I used to have to cut the bloody things off so I could attach a Beer disconnect to the gas line for force carbing, now it's a pice of piss

Latest posts

Back