Thinking Of A Mango Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake.v

Reaction score
Hi all was given a heap of mangos today which i love but wont be able to get through most so was thinking of using one of my last remaining cans which are coopers heritage lager and tooheys lager to make a nice summery mango lager

i was thinking the coopers (as i havent heard any good reports on the tooheys) with just a 1kg of dex or maybe 750dex 250 DME fermenting for 2 weeks at 12 degrees then transfuring to secondary with the mango and leaving it for about 3 weeks or till i get around to bottling

i have some hops laying around but not sure how they will go with the mango

any tips or adjustments would be nice

cheers jake

I recommend you eat the tasty mangos, and brew a really tasty pale ale and throw in some Riwaka hops for a week as a dry hop and you will get all the mango aroma you want.
Citrussy fruits are not good in beer.
If yiou are really keen on making an alcoholic mango thing, get some 1/2 descent vodka and throw the mangoes in there for 6 months or more.

Lowenbrau & Bavarian Bier Cafes serve a Mangoweizen (a delicious breakfast beer). It's just a weizen with a shot of mango juice, but I'd use that as an idea base.
Grab a wheat beer kit and go from there.
The more fruit the merrier, but I'd stick them in a stocking or cloth bag so they don't clog up your tap upon bottling.

Lowenbrau & Bavarian Bier Cafes serve a Mangoweizen (a delicious breakfast beer). It's just a weizen with a shot of mango juice, but I'd use that as an idea base.
Grab a wheat beer kit and go from there.
The more fruit the merrier, but I'd stick them in a stocking or cloth bag so they don't clog up your tap upon bottling.

I have a wheat beer with mango on the go at the moment - definitely use a bag - I can already see I am going to have issues when I bottle duh! :rolleyes:

My older bro does a Mango beer much like you are suggesting. I believe he uses the Coopers Canadian Blond as a base and takes all the pulp from a few mangos and stews them in a pot on the stove. Not sure if he adds water to the pot or not to loosen it up, but I imagine that it may be necessary. Then strains the whole thing to get all the pulp and fiberous crap out the way, and adds the resulting mango syrup to the fermentor.

Not sure how much sugar you get out a mango or what it does to your alc%, but seems pretty easy and works well for him. Not a bad drop either after being given a month or 2 in the bottle. Reminds me of Matso's Mango beer brewed up in Broome...

I would suggest u read one of the mango beer threads and read peoples experiances and tips

cheers guys i search for mango beer but didnt get anything not sure if im doing it right or not lol

cheers jake

Latest posts

Back