Thermo Electric Wine Cooler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stowaway

Reaction score
Does anyone else here use a electric wine cooler? I have set mine to high and it keeps my brew at about 10degrees which is good.

im a bit worried about the electricity bill tho? Ive heard thermoeletric devices are quiet costly... espessially since its set to high its pretty much constantly running. anyone have experience with this?

Does anyone else here use a electric wine cooler? I have set mine to high and it keeps my brew at about 10degrees which is good.

im a bit worried about the electricity bill tho? Ive heard thermoeletric devices are quiet costly... espessially since its set to high its pretty much constantly running. anyone have experience with this?

I've heard some bad things about the running cost of thermoelectric devices too stowaway... For a crude measure of what sort of power it's eating through, turn off as many lights/appliances in the house as you can, then turn on the cooler and watch the meter at the front of the house. You can count the RPM (if it's going quickly enough) and multiply that by the scale on the meter to estimate kW/h and therefore cost. Like I said, it's pretty crude.

If you want a better idea of of power use, you can buy a small device that plugs in between the GPO and the appliance that gives a digital readout of the power use and cost... Actually I just did a search and it turns out one of our site sponsors sells it!!: Link.

Good luck

I've heard some bad things about the running cost of thermoelectric devices too stowaway... For a crude measure of what sort of power it's eating through, turn off as many lights/appliances in the house as you can, then turn on the cooler and watch the meter at the front of the house. You can count the RPM (if it's going quickly enough) and multiply that by the scale on the meter to estimate kW/h and therefore cost. Like I said, it's pretty crude.

If you want a better idea of of power use, you can buy a small device that plugs in between the GPO and the appliance that gives a digital readout of the power use and cost... Actually I just did a search and it turns out one of our site sponsors sells it!!: Link.

Good luck

yeah i was thinking about buying one of these.

i'll buy one and let everyone know what it comes too

I just got one of these from the Warehouse not used it for brewing yet. But all the adverts for these type of coolers state how efficient they are. ( energy or cooling ?? ).

Noticed that most look idendical but with different names and higher prices Big W has a Rank Arena model at $188.00

Back