Thermapen cheaper in UK than USA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're a necessary item for ANY kitchen. If you have a spouse that cooks she needs it. Roasts, pies, steaks, making sure chicken is fully cooked - it not only makes sense for god food but also food safety, especially for your kids. You owe to your family to buy one.

Then store it in the brewery.

Got a personal email from thermapen.co.uk accepting my order and saying dispatch would occur shortly.
I'm thinking they have got wise to this and stopped shipping goods to oz. UK website is now saying they can't ship here and I got a response from their ebay store as well saying they no longer get ship here. Would've been a bargain!

They're a necessary item for ANY kitchen. If you have a spouse that cooks she needs it. Roasts, pies, steaks, making sure chicken is fully cooked - it not only makes sense for god food but also food safety, especially for your kids. You owe to your family to buy one.

Then store it in the brewery.
Haha I actually tried this line of reasoning with my wife the other day before admitting I really just want it for brewing.

I'm thinking they have got wise to this and stopped shipping goods to oz. UK website is now saying they can't ship here and I got a response from their ebay store as well saying they no longer get ship here. Would've been a bargain!
Must have. That last wave of orders was about 20 or so delivered to Oz in a week.

laws changed beginning in July, forcing Overseas companies to collect GST for the Australian government if they're shipping to Oz. I don't know of another country that does this, certainly adds a layer of complexity for small niche businesses, unfortunately specialty brew gear falls in this category.

edit: maybe I'll wait til mine actually arrives :)

Last edited:
laws changed beginning in July, forcing Overseas companies to collect GST for the Australian government if they're shipping to Oz. I don't know of another country that does this, certainly adds a layer of complexity for small niche businesses, unfortunately specialty brew gear falls in this category.
Is that how it's working? Jeebus, that's clunky. There's a good reason other countries aren't doing it.

Latest posts

Back