Theres No Place Like Home

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

recharge

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just thought I'd drop a line from the good old USofA.
I have tried out a couple of microbrew/steakhouses local to where i am but neither had a beer worth writing home about.
I will be heading over to the Sam Adams brewerey next week, they make some pretty reasonable beers that you can buy in nearly every gas station hidden amongst that other stuff they sell as beer(Bud'something ).
But i must say nothing compares to a brew day so am glad to see it doesnt look like i've missed one.
I have been to the Jack Daniels distillery which was a pretty cool tour.

Anyway will pop back later. So if anyone knows of any other breweries good to visit in NewYork State just let me know.

PS
Oh yeah i went into a brew shop yesterday just to look around and the had a Coopers Lager kit (green lid) for US18.95 mmm mmm mmm.

Cheers for now

Richard

I have been to the Jack Daniels distillery which was a pretty cool tour.

Were you able to sample? I've heard Tennessee is a dry state!

Coopers kit for $19us?!?!? WOW

Were you able to sample? I've heard Tennessee is a dry state!

Coopers kit for $19us?!?!? WOW
It's not a dry state but certain County's are Lynchburg is one of them, so no samples but they got a special law passed so you are able to buy commemorative bottles there. Take your own beer to Lynchburg if you want to drink tho.

How about: Southampton Publick House in Southampton, NY, or Brewery Ommegang in Cooperstown, NY.

Or closer to NYC: Six Point in Brooklyn, and Captain Lawrence in Pleasantville.

And these aren't breweries, but they're bars I've always wanted to go to: Spuyten Duyvil and Barcade in Brooklyn.

Hope this helps.
Thats great i will look them up this week with my brother in law.

Had a great IPA called Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA
Probably the best beer ive had since leaving home we tried it on tap but just picked up a six pack.

Cheers
Rich

Back