shortening corny gas post tube

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have we established any benefit of shortening a dip tube at all yet? Or to put it another way, what is the problem with the tube being in the beer? As long as you are careful not to get backflow into the regulator i don't see a problem. One should always have a one way valve anyway.

Just on the gas post length. If its under the level of beer then it can (and will) blow back into your gas line at some stage. Not Good! (this thread has gone over my head but just had to say that).

Danscraftbeer said:
Just on the gas post length. If its under the level of beer then it can (and will) blow back into your gas line at some stage. Not Good! (this thread has gone over my head but just had to say that).
But if it doesn't get into the reg because a one way valve is installed then it's not that bad if you get a little beer in your gas lines is it? When it has happened to me i just flush them with a bit of starsan

yeah i'll be installing a check valve just to be safe.

no one has convinced me not to cut them off & Danscraftbeer, Hoploader & Coodgee are proof in the pudding for me that it will be ok so i will be cutting them off next brew. I'll put up some cheap kegs for sale if it all goes wrong!

thanks everyone for your comments.

Latest posts

Back