The Official Sydney 2007 Ahb Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Gerard,

I spend maybe 20% of my range balls on short irons, 30% on the driver and 50% on long-mid irons. Hours each week I practice putting on my loungeroom rug (along with stretches and ab workouts) and an hour or two a fortnight average on the practice green chipping and putting. Just getting back into golf after a long hiatus from getting kids from the crib into school, so I'm rusty (20+ right now :() but keen as hell. I definitely have a game plan to keep my shots on the fairway. Looking at the layout, it seems the greenkeeper's main satisfaction would be from a long, long second cut. And some of the trees look pretty dense, so I hope we play from the yellow markers!

If I can find another way to defend the Funnel Web Cup without spending Saturday on the task, (eg if my car is back from the mechanic tomorrow), I'll do my damnedest to get to Balmain on Sat, but coupled with the painful transport back to the Gong half-full, I doubt I'll be there.

Good Day
If the SW's let me know which train you are catching I will get on East Hills
(and no I am not old enough to have a seniors card). :D

Looks like we have some of the Crackenback Brewery guys joining us at The Sackville on Sat arvo! :beer:
Cheers
Gerard

OK Sou' Westers (there does seem to be a lot of M.A.L.E. action on the Crawl forum doesn't there?) - here's the plan of attack:

Take the Airport And East Hills Line train (CityRail)
Dep: 9:57am Campbelltown Station Platform 2

Arrives East Hills at 10:21am
Arr: 10:56am Central Station Platform 21

Walk to bus stop Railway Square Stand D, George St - 336 metres from Central Station
Take the 433 bus (Sydney Buses)
Dep: 11:08am Railway Square Stand D, George St
Arr: 11:30am Balmain, Darling St

Linz and I may be travelling with you, dependant on Franko's level of mange. We'll let everyone know by tomorrow night.

Looking good LS.
Shouldn't the following two be on there too ?

DRY DOCK HOTEL
90 College Street
Balmain NSW 2041
02 9555 1306
Barons ESB

COMMERCIAL HOTEL
82 Darling Street
Balmain NSW 2041
02 9810 1663

Beers,
Doc

Happy to add them to the master list, but what does the Commercial have to offer Doc? Not sure Barrons is a good calling card for the Dry Dock either.....after all it's brewed at AIB isn't it?

Happy to add them to the master list, but what does the Commercial have to offer Doc? Not sure Barrons is a good calling card for the Dry Dock either.....after all it's brewed at AIB isn't it?

Only reason I mentioned was because there were on the original list. I think the reason they were was so that it was only a short stumble to the ferry to get back into the city.
You are right about the Barons. I had it at the Dry Dock on Australia day and it wasn't very good at all.

Beers,
Doc

OK Sou' Westers (there does seem to be a lot of M.A.L.E. action on the Crawl forum doesn't there?) - here's the plan of attack:

Take the Airport And East Hills Line train (CityRail)
Dep: 9:57am Campbelltown Station Platform 2

Arrives East Hills at 10:21am
Arr: 10:56am Central Station Platform 21

Walk to bus stop Railway Square Stand D, George St - 336 metres from Central Station
Take the 433 bus (Sydney Buses)
Dep: 11:08am Railway Square Stand D, George St
Arr: 11:30am Balmain, Darling St

Linz and I may be travelling with you, dependant on Franko's level of mange. We'll let everyone know by tomorrow night.

Your a Gem LS would not have had a clue without you

Pumpy :)

Good Day
Thanks LS, see you all Saturday if all goes well.

Don't know if the schedule is set in stone or anything, but I have been told that the Welcome Hotel is also worth a visit, for their "Old Speckled Hen."

Maybe someone more local can confirm this?

Any interstate visitors? :)

Looking forward to it. Phrak, please make sure I go home with you at 6.00pm ;)

Cheers.

I was so intrigued by that, blackbock, that I gave them a ring and they do have Old Speckled Hen on tap. Sounds like a good stop to me. :chug:

Enough to tempt anyone else? :D

I was so intrigued by that, blackbock, that I gave them a ring and they do have Old Speckled Hen on tap. Sounds like a good stop to me. :chug:

Enough to tempt anyone else? :D
I'm in. Add it to the map LS please.

Doc

The Welcome & The 3 Weeds are on the other side of Victoria Rd (Rozelle not Balmain). As we are trying to walk down hill I didn't include them, but it is not as if it is impossible!
Cheers
Gerard

I'VE JUST RECEIVED CONFIRMATION THAT I CAN GO!!!

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

see you at Easts Hills station for the 10.21am Barry?

Jez

I'm in. Add it to the map LS please.

Doc

The Welcome is now on the semi official map - it's now the second pub on the list - good if it's uphill while our legs are still working .....added a couple of food stops as well for those with the hunger.....

Updated Crawl Guide

2007_Crawl.jpg

By the way, as it's Gerard's Birthday today, I think he deserves a shout or 40 on Saturday......

cool, lucky you Gerard, thats a nice bit of scheduling :beer:

so the first stop is the Sackville from 12pm?

Jez

Back