The Official Sydney 2007 Ahb Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've googled the main pubs on the tour - here's a link. AHB 2007 Crawl Locations
I've added the particular beers Gerard mentioned for each place.

Looking good LS.
Shouldn't the following two be on there too ?

DRY DOCK HOTEL
90 College Street
Balmain NSW 2041
02 9555 1306
Barons ESB

COMMERCIAL HOTEL
82 Darling Street
Balmain NSW 2041
02 9810 1663

Beers,
Doc

I am making plans to turn up and meet some AHBers for the first time.

Looking forward to being there (on time) See you then! :D

Nick
Gerard_M
redbeard
Linz
Little Squares
Trev
Mrs Trev
Mike M
Les da Weizguy + 1
Shonky
Stuster
Hopeye
Duff
Doc
Petesbrew
Phrak
Franko
Kabooby +1
Edgecliff_brewer
Blackbock

PS: Is the list of hotels in order in case we miss the first stop?

QUOTE(Linz @ Apr 11 2007, 12:19 AM)

Looks like we might be getting a lift with Franko and Mrs Franko to Balmain......

No Worries, Will see you guys in there.
Dont worry Kabooby plus one, will see you at the station and lead in the charge of the 'Westies' on the Traditional Train and bus pilgramage from Campbelltown station, sound like a few of the MALE contingencies are getting a bit soft and cant put up with a scrap on Campbelltown train station ,with the Bogons .

Perhaps they no longer can stomach the cold Maccas, soggy fries with flat coke at Central station and standing waiting for the bus in the wind at rain in that god forsaken place Balmain .HTFU who ever thought of there for a pub crawl .

One may ask where is the Camaraderie of the MALE group, in this yearly expedition from Cambeltown to the outer reaches of Balmain on Public transport, "sadly lacking" I hear. next they will be saying they are staying in a Hotel or at relations and not risking the treacherous trip home to Campbeltown.

Few would remember those in past expeditions that fell by the wayside on the way home and had to sleep in the gutter ,and woke up with a sore arse .

It looks like it will be up to 'Kabooby' 'plus one' and 'Pumpy' this year from the Westies to lead the charge .

Pumpy :unsure:

I'm still in for Saturday and still have 2 spots in the car for anyone who'd like a lift in.

Unfortunately though, I have to bail at 6pm for baby-sitting duties - The Wife's night out... only fair I guess.

Upside of it is, that she can come and pick me up! :)
Anyone wanting a lift back to my area is welcome on the wagon.

Tim.

I'm still in for Saturday and still have 2 spots in the car for anyone who'd like a lift in.

<snip>

Upside of it is, that she can come and pick me up! :)
Anyone wanting a lift back to my area is welcome on the wagon.

Cheers for the offer Tim, but I'll be making my own way in dropping the family off on the way, and will be staying in the city for the night :beerbang:

Doc

......and will be staying in the city for the night :beerbang:

Doc

Memo to all travelling from the south-west. Doc has room in his penthouse in the city, no need to travel back on the late train that night.

Cheers :)

B)

Pumpy gets all the lucky breaks doesn't he. You reckon Doc will cook up breakfast for the boys Sunday morning?

Pumpy gets all the lucky breaks doesn't he. You reckon Doc will cook up breakfast for the boys Sunday morning?

I notice it is only Duff and Gerard volunteering hospitality at Doc's city Penthouse

for the 'Crusade from Campbeltown' to find the "Holy Pale Ale" in the outer reaches of Balmain

I suppose the only thing we share with Balmain is the same footy team
"Go the Tigers "
Shhhhh"
Not very well ! :(
How Bizzarre is that .

By the way I like Blueberries on my Pancakes with a splash of 'Creme fresh' in the morning Doc . :)

I will take my 'Anti Gas tablets' which were so sucessful in the recent crusade to Kin Kin which allows me to go for a long time after being on the beer, with out suffering high powered flatulance , well it is not a problem for me its others around me that appear to suffer.

Pumpy :D

"Dont worry Kabooby plus one, will see you at the station and lead in the charge of the 'Westies' on the Traditional Train and bus pilgramage from Campbelltown station, sound like a few of the MALE contingencies are getting a bit soft and cant put up with a scrap on Campbelltown train station ,with the Bogons .

Perhaps they no longer can stomach the cold Maccas, soggy fries with flat coke at Central station and standing waiting for the bus in the wind at rain in that god forsaken place Balmain .HTFU who ever thought of there for a pub crawl .

One may ask where is the Camaraderie of the MALE group, in this yearly expedition from Cambeltown to the outer reaches of Balmain on Public transport, "sadly lacking" I hear. next they will be saying they are staying in a Hotel or at relations and not risking the treacherous trip home to Campbeltown.

Few would remember those in past expeditions that fell by the wayside on the way home and had to sleep in the gutter ,and woke up with a sore arse .

It looks like it will be up to 'Kabooby' 'plus one' and 'Pumpy' this year from the Westies to lead the charge .

Pumpy"

Pumpy,

Its not set in stone as yet....have you spoken to frank lately???...the "Tommie" voice is permanent and he keeps on about yellow/green fluids leaving his face!!!!!

Lil cube and I might be at the station after all.....

You guys don't know me well enough. I don't cook.
Late wake up, swim, checkout then breakfast will likely be at Maggies. Mmmmm Pork Knuckle for brunch :p
Followed by recovery at The Rose reading the Sunday papers

Doc

Pumpy,

Its not set in stone as yet....have you spoken to frank lately???...the "Tommie" voice is permanent and he keeps on about yellow/green fluids leaving his face!!!!!

Lil cube and I might be at the station after all.....
[/quote]

Linz

Yeah was suprised he was still sick ,all those coffin sticks dont help his flu

It wont be the same witout you guys making it a sense of adventure :(

Hope you come Yah! :)

pumpy :)

You guys don't know me well enough. I don't cook.
Late wake up, swim, checkout then breakfast will likely be at Maggies. Mmmmm Pork Knuckle for brunch :p
Followed by recovery at The Rose reading the Sunday papers

Doc

Pork knuckles :blink:

Ohhh my stomach wont manage that so late in the morning :huh:

looks like the Crusade will have to head back to barren wastelands of Campbeltown .

Pumpy :)

"Followed by recovery at The Rose reading the Sunday papers"

Ive been there before Doc -not a bad place

"One may ask where is the Camaraderie of the MALE group, in this yearly expedition from Cambeltown to the outer reaches of Balmain on Public transport, "sadly lacking" I hear. next they will be saying they are staying in a Hotel or at relations and not risking the treacherous trip home to Campbeltown."

Just to make you guys feel easier.....Lil Cube and I WILL be adding to the ranks on the return voyage to the Fatherland

Is Hogan going to join us??

Is Hogan going to join us,

Hogans out his old mans in town

Bugger. Must be a case of 'Life or Death' PoMo.

Doc

Near enough. I have a (social) golf comp at Riverside Oaks (a severely overrated course from what I've heard) next week and need to get some new golf shoes and spend some time at the practice range in preparation. No car and kiddy care duty for the next two days leaves me no time but to do those things on Sat.

Hope you all enjoy yourselves and I'll catch you all at next year's crawl.

Near enough. I have a (social) golf comp at Riverside Oaks (a severely overrated course from what I've heard) next week and need to get some new golf shoes and spend some time at the practice range in preparation. No car and kiddy care duty for the next two days leaves me no time but to do those things on Sat.

Hope you all enjoy yourselves and I'll catch you all at next year's crawl.

OK Riverside Oaks is a good test so just keep it on the short stuff. The greens are huge, so watch out for some long putts if you misjudge a few shots in. Most greens out there will break towards the river.

Shoes - wear 2 pairs of socks to avoid blisters, take the spikes out & wear them around the house each night to help break them in.

Practice - 68% of all shots are from 110 yards in (stats from Dave Pelz short game guru), so at least 68% of your practice should focus on this area. Not much use practicing hitting your driver further into the trees.

Now if you came to the crawl I am sure Duff could tell you about all the different types of grass you may or may not encounter during your round.

Cheers
Gerard

Back