Bulimba Gold Top

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schoey

Reaction score
Hi all,
CUB currently have a re-brew of Bulimba Gold Top out, had it on draught at the Grand Central Hotel in Brisbane the other day and really enjoyed it. Nice amount of crystal malt and a balancing bitterness to keep it drinkable but interesting on a hot day. Is anyone old enough to remember the original version and if so how close is this re-brew?

I'd love to have a crack at brewing something similar, does anyone have a clone recipe? I'm thinking a split of BB ale and MO, probably about 5% light or medium crystal, some sugar (maybe 10%?) and maybe some de-bittered black malt to add some colour if the rest comes out too light.

Probably POR/EKG/Cluster for hops, all early (to about 25-30IBUs) with maybe a touch late for flavour.

I've got a vial of the WLP059 which could be used but the current re-brew seemed to have a fairly neutral yeast character (maybe a lager yeast?), any suggestions?

I'll be ordering a copy of Bronzed Brews soon, does this have any info on the Bulimba beers?

Cheers.

Back