The Official Sydney 2007 Ahb Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard_M

Reaction score
Well how about it? Sometime in late March/early April?
Which pubs?
Cheers
Gerard

i would be up for that. the later the better for me, hopefully a bit less work. I did a golf tour of Balmain for a b'day. Was good although don't remember the last few holes/pubs. :blink:
Eric :beer:

If I had a choice I would go for later in the year such as September/October due to work load in the first half of 07! What city are we thinking here? Melbourne would be great IMHO :) .

C&B
TDA

I'd love to part of a kick-off at the Sackville In Balmain (if only for the on tap Erdinger) - walk to the Riverview for an ESB special then down to the Royal Oak, it offers so many nice brews on tap including Pictons finest.

Then off to Glebe to the Nags for a cask ale - then city bound!

(Gotta be outta Glebe before it gets too dark, nasty wildlife...) :excl:

I'd vote for a booze up, er, intelligent discussion on beer and techinques, early in the year - why wait? Nothing wrong with having a bi-annual event I say. :beer:

I'd love to part of a kick-off at the Sackville In Balmain (if only for the on tap Erdinger) - walk to the Riverview for an ESB special then down to the Royal Oak, it offers so many nice brews on tap including Pictons finest.

Then off to Glebe to the Nags for a cask ale - then city bound!

(Gotta be outta Glebe before it gets too dark, nasty wildlife...) :excl:
I'd vote for a booze up, er, intelligent discussion on beer and techinques, early in the year - why wait? Nothing wrong with having a bi-annual event I say. :beer:

OK The Sackville sounds good Erdinger & Little Creatures on tap.
The Riverview has ESB on a hand pump & St Peters Blonde on tap.
The Monkey Bar has a good range including Scharers
The Royal Oak has a good range including Scharers
The London has the best drop of Coopers in Sydney. Sparkling Pale & Dark Ale on tap.
The Nags in Glebe is only good on the 1st Friday of the month from 5pm, and a long walk from Balmain.
Maybe a Balmain Crawl could be a nice change?
Cheers
Gerard

The Nags in Glebe is only good on the 1st Friday of the month from 5pm, and a long walk from Balmain.

Of course, never mind the walk - at least one of us would be robbed as we wondered through 'dog poo' park, past the 'Friend (Fiend?) in Hand' on infamous Cowper St and up to the Nags. :ph34r:

Would love to sample Balmains finest, I visit them regularly through work but can't even sniff the beer...

Good bus or ferry service right into the Rocks as well. :rolleyes:

balmain works for me (bus ride) and i would like it a bit more relaxed, ie not try to get thru 10 or 15 pubs. but maybe some people will want a few rocks pubs at the end to allow easy exit to central / wynard for those not so inner city ? maybe a ferry ride to the aust or a pyrmont pub ? i dunno. speak up.

feb / mar is ok for me right now.

& how many pennies u saved up jayse ??? ;-)

& how many pennies u saved up jayse ??? ;-)

Spending many a hour with yourself and beer is priceless so consider it quite a possiblity I'll come over. :super: :party:

Actually I'am up for it right now, you'll have to add playing back to back air guitars upstairs at the lowenbrau to the list. :super:

Alcohol fueled brewtality.
Jayse

I'm in but the w/ends of the 24/3 and the 31/3 are out for me.
Either side of that should be fine though.
Boy, haven't been to the Friend In Hand for years.
Do they still have the No Names restaurant there?

I'm in! :beer:

Balmain would be a nice change & it is an easy ferry trip into king St Wharf or the Quay if anyone wants to continue in the city.

My Brother lives in Balmain! :beer:

Might be nice to meet you chaps in person too.... :blink:

why do i have this feeling i'm going to regret that? :eek:

I'm in for now, don't care where, as long as there is good beer!
It all depends on any gigs that pop up between now and then.

The call for this is starting earlier each year...maybe we should get comemorative pins made or something. I'm in for where ever its held but Balmain AND the city might be a bit too big a day

I reckon Balmain would be nice for a change of scenery, & probably easier on the wallet too!
Looks like I am committed every weekend up to March 17 (A St Pats day pub crawl?!?). Any time after that I can do.
Cheers
Gerard

Sounds good to me. Don't know Sydney all that well so where ever is chosen is good.

Les, I'll catch up with you sometime and discuss travel arrangements.

Steve

Latest posts

Back