The Last Delirium Tremens In The N.t

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
ive just consumed the last known delirium tremens in the immediate area imported from perth whilst on holidays.it got the better of me.
anyway its a long shot here but ive a recipe scrounged from the net with no feed back so ive no idea if its same same but was wondering about the yeast choice.
wyeast 2124 bohemian lager.
anyone tried this and what is it like?
as for the beer i guess only the perth brewers can get a taste of this from the ihb shop.

cheers
big d B)

Post the recipe bigd

big d said:
as for the beer i guess only the perth brewers can get a taste of this from the ihb shop.
Dan Murphy's in Sydney also sells it. I've been curious to know what it's like ever since I picked up a D.T. glass at a Salvos store for $1. :D

bloody nice drop mcwb
ok gmk heres the only recipe ive found so far.grains are not available here that i know of.

6.8 kg durst pilsner
1.36 kg durst vienna
56g (2 oz) tettnanger @60min
42g(1.5 oz) hallertauer @ 60 min
56g (2 oz) tettnanger @ 10 min

mash
40 c @ 30 min
60 c @ 30 min
70 c @ 30 min
75 c @ 10 min

yeast wyeast bohemiaan lager 2124
og 1.054
fg 1.014

this doesnt end up equaling the bottle abv of 9% so the recipe is anyones guess as to how good it is.
something to work from anyway

cheers
big d

D.T. is the sh*t, straight up. Cat's loungin in the pajamas. They really oughta put it in real ceramic, but I suppose no one does. Still, you know it can go around the world and at least light intensity won't be a problem. It will lay you out like a swipe to the head, but tasty. Reeeeeaaaaaaaaall taaasssssttyyyyyy.

big d said:
this doesnt end up equaling the bottle abv of 9% so the recipe is anyones guess as to how good it is.
Smaller batch size perhaps?
http://www.ffwdweekly.com/Issues/2002/1017/booze.htm
On the other hand, Delirium Tremens is brewed almost exclusively with pale malt, which is very light in colour because it is dried at a low temperature. A large amount of pale malt is used, along with additional brewing sugars to increase the alcohol content. The absence of any dark grains in the brewing results in its light colour, but the high alcohol content, the large amount of hops added to provide adequate balance, and the fermentation of the beer by a special Belgian ale yeast combine to create the harsh, full-bodied flavours.

Here's another recipe: http://hbd.org/franklin/public_html/recipe...iumtremens.html

A recipe I saw on a Dutch homebrew site (which I can't seem to find now) called for 85% Pils, 15% Candi sugar, using noble hops (can't remember the specifics, sorry, I'll see if I can find it again).

Back