The Homebrewer's Beard

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have a beard?

• No - cleanshaven

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - but I have a moustache

• Yes - I have a beard (includes goatee visible from 5m)

• Total voters
No beard or march pump. How about a mo' and a bike pump?

The same beard:hobby correlation exists among ...

model train enthusiasts
choir members
trainspotters
trekkies
marvel comic collectors
organic gardeners
public service middle management

(Geek and proud!)

wonder if Saddam Hussein is a home brewer? - definately no American Pale Ales though on his recipe list. Maybe that little hole he was found in was his beer cellar? :D

deebee said:
The same beard:hobby correlation exists among ...

model train enthusiasts
choir members
trainspotters
trekkies
marvel comic collectors
organic gardeners
public service middle management

(Geek and proud!)
[post="68159"][/post]​

Have you ever been to a model engineer exhibition? I have never seen so many wierd shaped people in my life. Huge beards and front bums all over the place. :lol:

Borret

In San Diego last week there was a conference called Comic Con.
Basically it is a conference for fans obsessed with shows like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, Batman, Babylon 5 ..........
The SD newspaper had some photos from some of the people present that you can see here
Now these people are fanatics. They were all over the city all dressed up as their favourite comic, tv and film idols. The photos are tame to some of the loonies I saw.

Doc

Also the bee-beard.

I've heard it's very popular with the mead-makers.

Warren -

bee_beard.JPG

ozbrewer said:
i just hope no one here has one of them beards with out the mo.....thats just not on
[post="68046"][/post]​

Ah the divers beard. I grew up around divers that worked on mussel and oyster farms as well as oil rigs. The divers beard was the only one I knew of until I got older :lol:

Doc

The funny part about ZZ Top is the only guy in the band without a beard, the drummer ironically is named Frank Beard.

True story. :huh:

Warren -

You've got to love Google Images.

Who is this guy. A penny farthing cyclist, a model train enthusiast or something else ? :lol:

beard.jpg

Doc

I was told that my Grandfather, on duty in WWII, won a moustache-growing competition. Not sure that I got all those genes, but I grow a reasonable goatee, which has been modified to a Chopper mo', on occasion.

There is a photo at my Aunt's house, of an historical relative in Holland with,...wait for it...a Hitler/ Chaplin mo'. Weird these daze, but prob quite fashionable then. Could get you into deep poo these daze, I reckon.

Doc, the "diver beard". Is this a muff diver beard? Iif so, is it similar to TDA's "fanny tickler"? I have a mate that calls a lower lip beard (or beardlet) a "Wezzer", after the mighty Wez in Mad Max 2.

Sorry, your 2 cents has run out. Please deposit more money for me to continue. :lol:

Seth out :p

I think doc was refering to scuba divers , Its hard to get a face mask to seal over a mo , I've just regrown a beard and was snorkleing recently had a real bad day , a mate on one of the dive boats recons they use vaso (petrolium jelly ) for the tourists... will give this a try when this bloody wind drops off....

FNQ Bunyip said:
I think doc was refering to scuba divers , Its hard to get a face mask to seal over a mo , I've just regrown a beard and was snorkleing recently had a real bad day , a mate on one of the dive boats recons they use vaso (petrolium jelly ) for the tourists... will give this a try when this bloody wind drops off....
[post="68210"][/post]​

Yes I was referring to scuba divers.

Doc

yes the other type of diving, well its better with a mo

ozbrewer said:
yes the other type of diving, well its better with a mo
[post="68214"][/post]​
...a womb broom? :lol:

I might leave this hijack here. My hijack, not yours dude.

Sethulism

FNQ Bunyip said:
a mate on one of the dive boats recons they use vaso (petrolium jelly ) for the tourists... will give this a try when this bloody wind drops off....
[post="68210"][/post]​

Why am I thinking Deliverance here? :huh:

Warren -

Doc said:
You've got to love Google Images.

Who is this guy. A penny farthing cyclist, a model train enthusiast or something else ? :lol:

View attachment 3193

Doc
[post="68196"][/post]​

I'd say a pioneeer in avaition. He was after a bit of extra lift from his face.

OR the Hunter from Jumanji

Borret :blink:

Latest posts

Back