The grainfather

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonk1972

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the grainfather will be released in Australia

November according to their website. Did you even attempt to have a look for yourself?

Yer I did thanks but all I could find was the NZ release that's why I ask on here

I don't have any specific info, but I think you'll find out a bit more at ANHC - they're one of our major sponsors...

QldKev said:
QldKev, on 23 Aug 2014 - 7:14 PM, said:

WTF, it doesn't even run a pid???
And that's about the only thing that's stopping me from telling the wife we're expecting.

Everything else about it looks great, but the element switching and temp control needs work (it should be programmable and software controlled). Fix both of those and I'd easily pay 1500 for it.

I should send them the design for my 1V :D

only jk...

they must already have seen it they stole my idea of lifting the pot up to sparge above the kettle. :ph34r: :lol: :p

I do think their system has a lot of potential. But it needs a pid and a better way to sit the counter flow chiller on top. Also going by his 6.3kg in a 25L batch giving a 5.6% beer, that is pretty low efficiency for the design.

Yeah - I was very surprised by the low efficiency. Especially when you see the rates they made for the higher gravity beers. I'm curious how the machine actually runs.

And I bet the makers dont tell you that your all trolls and dont know anything about brewing beer...

you_get_what_you_pay_for_sarcasm_poster-ra91970960f034d46afeb275b69f73257_wo41_4001.jpg

Back