The Electric Brewery Build Begins..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah mate still aiming for towards the end of the year. still need to get a heap of fittings and also another march pump. still deciding whether to get a big plate chiller of a counterflow chiller as well. so in between reno's I will be buying bits and pieces gradually. hopefully be done alot sooner than end of year though. also need to get a 240v 32amp socket installed out the back but my neighbour is doing that for me. its great living next to a sparky!!!1

yeah Adamski29, going with the Blichmann's. I Have the three 20 gallon ones sitting in the spare room, waiting. going to be fun drilling holes in them! There so shiny

Looks good. I used their website to design most of my high voltage wiring in my brewtroller rig. They didnt have the 240v kit when i made my brewery otherwise i would have seriously considered doing the same thing you are doing. :)

How are you planning to mount it all? Building a frame or have you got a special spot picked out for her?

well I considered building a frame but since we are currently doing reno's on the house I can't really get a permanent place for it as yet. I have considered cutting down my 3V tiered system and having it all level or using the old bench from the kitchen and doing some mods to make it workable. Have a few ideas. Will be brewing out the back under the pergola until hopefully I get a space in the old garage! Then I can turn it into a permanent man cave!! will be getting the 32 Amp outlet installed out there so it will be the temporary brew spot until we decide on the final configuration of the house, there is a stack of room out there so its all good.
have attached a couple of progress pics of the wiring. It's not as hard as I thought, it just takes up hours of my time. I estimate from the very start (cutting holes etc) till where I am at now is at least 8 hours! I just do bits when I can.

DSC_0706.JPG DSC_0707.JPG

That's an impressive amount of wiring mate. I'm thinking with all the time you're putting into it you will be able to fault find fairly well by yourself as you'll know the complex maze inside out.

Keep the picks coming, enjoying watching this one.

Ciro

Where did you get your heating elements from? They look like the ultra low density ones.

Well after about 11 hours of work the control panel is finally finished! Now i know I wont win any prizes for neatness but it started out easy to keep neat but as the panel filled up with more wires it just became more difficult. So in the end I didn't really worry too much. Will hopefully be plugging it in this weekend and testing all the circuits/switches and making sure power is going where it is supposed to and it is safe :)
The next step will be drilling holes in my Blichmann kettles and fitting the heating elements, HERMS coil taps etc.

DSC_0716.JPG DSC_0717.JPG

DSC_0719.JPG DSC_0720.JPG

That looks so cool, I'm commencing my control enclosure soon. Where do you get the chrome rails?

we have power :D after a bit of fault finding this morning the panel works as it should. turned it on yesterday and realised that the PID's and pumps had no power. i realised that i needed another jumper cable on the neutral bus to join the two. problem fixed and panel is finished!!! next step is the kettles. there does seem to be an error showing on the amp meter but i have found the answer and will fix it up.

DSC_0822.JPG

Howdy Doublelpugga
My control panel kit and parts from the Electric Brewery are in transit at the moment. I hope to make a start on the build next week. Your progress has inspired me. Any tips for the building the control panel that you are willing to share?
Cheers

Doubleplugga said:
we have power :D after a bit of fault finding this morning the panel works as it should. turned it on yesterday and realised that the PID's and pumps had no power. i realised that i needed another jumper cable on the neutral bus to join the two. problem fixed and panel is finished!!! next step is the kettles. there does seem to be an error showing on the amp meter but i have found the answer and will fix it up.

attachicon.gif
DSC_0822.JPG
Very interested to see your costs as this build goes on ?
Looks great but I think out of price for most ?
Nev

Latest posts

Back