The Cost Of Brewing.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have given her the car as well....(With the coil wired to the fuel tank!!!)

I just installed my 5th fridge in the brewery - however i only paid for one of them :)

Two batches fermenting at the moment, and both of them just sitting on the garage floor :blink: where they are maintaining a handy 18

Just bought a fridge on Evilbay for $1.04. Went to pick it up and they didnt want the money.
Free homebrew fridge whoohooo.
Cost savings are out there.........

I have many hobbies, RC planes and boats, my Supra, collecting antiques among other things and all of it is out of passion. If I enjoy it, its worth it.

I'm new to this hobby, but have been mentored along the way as to what I should and shouldn't get, sure I've had to outlay more money but on the weekend an old guy that I met and shared some of my beers with said it was the best home brew he has ever tasted... it was my second brew!

So with that sort of encouragement, cost becomes something that gets overlooked cause I enjoy brewing, I love watching others enjoy the fruits of my labour and I like the new community I have found.

I'm also about to buy a mill, I see it as an investment.

Not against this comment at all, just trying to add to it. Good gear is totally worth it in the long run.

Have you noticed the equipment improves as does our knowledge?
I tried to learn as much as I could before I built my first brewery but I discovered tweaks and changes to make etc as I started using it. I don't think there is a perfect home-brewery design, I think it comes down to what is perfect for you. I also think that this changes over time.
At least this is my justification for seeming to continually spend money on my brewery! :D

1st brewery cost me $200 to build and could do 2 batches in around 6.5 hrs the killer was the $125 temp controller(fermentation fridge) and the cost of the elco to put it in place,but that was pre mass internet and ebay

Just bought a fridge on Evilbay for $1.04. Went to pick it up and they didnt want the money.
Free homebrew fridge whoohooo.
Cost savings are out there.........

Same here. I bought a fridge off ebay that had already been used for fermenting. It had a wooden shelf built in at the perfect height for a 30L fermenter and a bracket fixed to the top for a temp control unit. I bid $1 and won. Offered the bloke $5 when I went to pick it up and he said, "nah, just take it". Nice one!

I have 4 fridges in my brewery and the most expensive was $20. A couple of them are old but they all work fine. And with STC-1000's delivered to your door for $16 from Ebay, you can't really afford not to have good temp control.

Brewing is probably the cheapest hobby I've ever had. Downhill mountain bikes, motocross bikes, and V8's are WAY more expensive.....

Latest posts

Back