The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has ordered and paid for their kit and spare probes!

If you are not on the list and would like a kit, PM me.

If you need to pull out of the buy, please PM me and let me and I will open up the spot for others.

News:
- Temp probes have been received! Will post pics after this. - please pay now if you want extra probes! :)
- PCBs - received and looking good!
- Heatsinks are in production - almost done.
- Boxes are the last part of the kit - ordered! :) (took an enormous amount of time and effort to find a supplier that was within tolerances - thanks for your patience)

- You might notice the list has grown. Lots of people have asked for kits and it isn't that hard to order more parts, so if you want one - get in touch quickly so I can add you into the buy.

Parts Received so far: buttons, stainless screws, nuts, nylon standoffs, buzzers, thermal paste, SSRs, Arduino Megas, Custom cables, Custom LEDs, Power connectors.

The list below indicates what I have received. Please don't edit this list as it contains payment information. If you have paid and it is not indicated on the list, wait a few days. I will try to update it regularly. Thanks Everyone!

1. Fatamorgana - paid - 1 spare probe paid
2. natdene - paid
3. Belter - paid
4. gap - paid
5. hubert hophead - paid
6. barneey - paid
7. ArnieW - paid
8. The Judge - paid
9. bowhunterslodge x1 - paid
10. tateg - paid
11. LiquidCurrency - paid - 1 spare probe paid
12. rafinus - paid
13. crazyhorse - paid 2 spare probes paid
14. marksy (x 2) - paid
15. JB - paid - 2 spare probes paid
16. Oggie - paid
17. Masters Brewery - paid
18. Cervantes -paid 1 spare probe paid
19.brewart - paid
20. sipahono -paid
21. BobCharlie - paid
22. jubilakka - paid
23. CoxR - paid
24. Capnk - paid
25. breakbeer - paid
26. Oneeye - paid
27. screamadelica - paid
29. Screamadelica - paid
30. Neo04 - paid
31. claypot - paid
32. Jase - paid
33. Marc2800 -2nd - paid
34. lynchman x 2 - paid
35. Bigbern - paid
36. the boy from tas - paid
37. stux - paid
38. Shaunous - paid
39. jonasbegood - paid
40. vooharmy - paid
41. Tassiehopper - paid 1 spare probe paid
42.buggybouy - paid 1 spare probe paid
43. Misterwilson - paid
44.matteus - paid
45. parktho - paid
46. MrDave - paid
47. jabbos - paid
48. 9finger - paid
49. tommy160 - paid
50. bigmacthepunker - paid - 2 spare probes paid
51. nainsook - paid
52. BazzaB - paid
53. zwitter - paid
54. glen - paid
55. kiwisika - paid
56. sluggerdog - paid
57. smokomark - paid
58. SBOB - paid
59. Marc280 - paid
60. Dug - paid
61. Siege - paid
62. Malty Cultural - paid
63.ferg - paid
64. camelbak28 - paid
65. 620rossco - paid
66. Nick R - paid
67. bowhunterslodge x2 - paid
68. Seemore - paid
69. Eucyblues - paid
70. Wort - paid 2x probes paid
71.Mar5T - paid
72. Rambo - paid
73. lynchman x3 - paid
74. LarsjohanS - paid
75. fortmonty - paid
76. zappa - paid
77. Pugwash - paid
78. noodslane - paid
79. Syd - paid
80. Mardoo - paid -2 spare probes paid
81. BlueMutt - paid
82. Wapehawi - paid
83. AndrewF - paid - 1 spare probe paid
84. northernbrewer - paid - 2 spare probes paid
85. ramugupta - paid
86.niftinev - paid
87. bungelbear - paid
88. Drunk Az - paid
89. freelander2002 (x2) - paid
91. Guysmiley54 - paid
92. Crozdog - paid
93. conjob - paid
94. Chris_O - paid
95. Brendrage - paid
96. Guidos - paid
97. madhomebrewer - paid
98. CoW77 - paid
99. MarketLane - paid
100. mojonojo (parts) - paid
101. Steward - paid , 2 spare probes paid
102. Reckless - paid
103. redlegger - paid
104. Dr Rummy - paid
105. bruiserbbq - paid
106. minikeg - paid
107. CCRacer - paid
108. Kolodij - paid
109. Grunta - paid
110. ken_gilchrist
111. Mario

Details about this kit if you want to know more:
Hi Everyone,

The costing came out to $245AUD per kit + $15 postage (AusPost express) once all the parts and exchange rates are accounted for.

If you are outside Aus, the kit is around 1.6kg, which means that the calculation needs to be for 1.5-2kg to allow for packaging (appx 150/200gr I think). If you are international, the price is $260+Intl postage+$5 for packaging materials the extra $15 is to cover the Paypal fees). Go to: http://auspost.com.a...calculator.html and select Overseas (parcels) and check out weights. Generally better value can be had by combining weight - eg: 2 kits =3-3.5kg and usually makes shipping cost per kit half.

I've put together a quick (actually, it is 30mins...) video showing what is included and how it all goes together so if you are trying to figure out what is included and how difficult / easy it is, give it a watch. It is so beautifully simple to put together.
Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdKQ31dLl28

If you are ready to pay - the information you need is here:
https://docs.google....?usp=send_form�

Based on the first survey I did, I'm looking at getting heating elements and stainless plates to make the build process easier. So there is a quick survey about that. The only question you have to complete is the one saying - Yes I will be responsible for the kit I build, not Lael (basically - you build it, you are responsible for it). Once you submit that, you'll get account details to put the money into, and I can start ordering parts! (I'll actually wait a little until we get enough people paid for this to go ahead). I'll add payment status to the above list once it starts coming in.

A BIG Thank You! to Austin and the Admin crew for giving me supporter status to allow me to handle all the messages coming through. Super appreciated!

Temp Probe Pics:

Installed in the pot for testing - they work great! Easy to install finger tight with no leaking.

TempProbe01.jpg

TempProbe02.jpg

TempProbe03.jpg

where can we find your account details for extra probe payment? I dont have the original details from back when i paid the first time..

and is it still $17.50/ probe?

Hi SBOB,

Good questions -for anyone in this situation - PM me and I will send you the bank details.

$22 per probe. I would have liked to be able to do it for $17.50, but shipping costs were higher than anticipated.

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has ordered and paid for their kit and spare probes!

If you are not on the list and would like a kit, PM me.

If you need to pull out of the buy, please PM me and let me and I will open up the spot for others.

News:
- Temp probes have been received! Will post pics after this. - please pay now if you want extra probes! :)
- PCBs - received and looking good!
- Heatsinks are in production - almost done.
- Boxes are the last part of the kit - ordered! :) (took an enormous amount of time and effort to find a supplier that was within tolerances - thanks for your patience)

- You might notice the list has grown. Lots of people have asked for kits and it isn't that hard to order more parts, so if you want one - get in touch quickly so I can add you into the buy.

Parts Received so far: buttons, stainless screws, nuts, nylon standoffs, buzzers, thermal paste, SSRs, Arduino Megas, Custom cables, Custom LEDs, Power connectors.

The list below indicates what I have received. Please don't edit this list as it contains payment information. If you have paid and it is not indicated on the list, wait a few days. I will try to update it regularly. Thanks Everyone!

1. Fatamorgana - paid + 1 extra probe paid
2. natdene - paid
3. Belter - paid
4. gap - paid
5. hubert hophead - paid
6. barneey - paid
7. ArnieW - paid
8. The Judge - paid - spare probe paid
9. bowhunterslodge x1 - paid
10. tateg - paid - 1 spare probe paid
11. LiquidCurrency - paid - 1 spare probe paid
12. rafinus - paid
13. crazyhorse - paid 2 spare probes paid
14. marksy (x 2) - paid
15. JB - paid - 2 spare probes paid
16. Oggie - paid
17. Masters Brewery - paid
18. Cervantes -paid 1 spare probe paid
19.brewart - paid
20. sipahono -paid
21. BobCharlie - paid
22. jubilakka - paid
23. CoxR - paid
24. Capnk - paid
25. breakbeer - paid
26. Oneeye - paid
27. screamadelica - paid
29. Screamadelica - paid
30. Neo04 - paid
31. claypot - paid
32. Jase - paid
33. Marc2800 -2nd - paid
34. lynchman x 2 - paid
35. Bigbern - paid - 1 sare probe paid
36. the boy from tas - paid
37. stux - paid
38. Shaunous - paid
39. jonasbegood - paid
40. vooharmy - paid
41. Tassiehopper - paid 1 spare probe paid
42.buggybouy - paid 1 spare probe paid
43. Misterwilson - paid
44.matteus - paid
45. parktho - paid
46. MrDave - paid
47. jabbos - paid
48. 9finger - paid
49. tommy160 - paid
50. bigmacthepunker - paid - 2 spare probes paid
51. nainsook - paid
52. BazzaB - paid
53. zwitter - paid
54. glen - paid
55. kiwisika - paid
56. sluggerdog - paid
57. smokomark - paid
58. SBOB - paid - 1spare probe paid
59. Marc280 - paid
60. Dug - paid
61. Siege - paid
62. Malty Cultural - paid
63.ferg - paid
64. camelbak28 - paid
65. 620rossco - paid
66. Nick R - paid
67. bowhunterslodge x2 - paid
68. Seemore - paid
69. Eucyblues - paid
70. Wort - paid 2x probes paid
71.Mar5T - paid
72. Rambo - paid
73. lynchman x3 - paid
74. LarsjohanS - paid
75. fortmonty - paid
76. zappa - paid
77. Pugwash - paid
78. noodslane - paid
79. Syd - paid
80. Mardoo - paid -2 spare probes paid
81. BlueMutt - paid
82. Wapehawi - paid - 1 spare probe paid
83. AndrewF - paid - 1 spare probe paid
84. northernbrewer - paid - 2 spare probes paid
85. ramugupta - paid
86.niftinev - paid
87. bungelbear - paid
88. Drunk Az - paid - spare probe paid
89. freelander2002 (x2) - paid
91. Guysmiley54 - paid
92. Crozdog - paid
93. conjob - paid
94. Chris_O - paid
95. Brendrage - paid
96. Guidos - paid
97. madhomebrewer - paid
98. CoW77 - paid
99. MarketLane - paid
100. mojonojo (parts) - paid
101. Steward - paid , 2 spare probes paid
102. Reckless - paid
103. redlegger - paid
104. Dr Rummy - paid
105. bruiserbbq - paid
106. minikeg - paid
107. CCRacer - paid
108. Kolodij - paid
109. Grunta - paid
110. ken_gilchrist - paid
111. Mario - paid
112.Tzoon - paid

Details about this kit if you want to know more:
Hi Everyone,

The costing came out to $245AUD per kit + $15 postage (AusPost express) once all the parts and exchange rates are accounted for.

If you are outside Aus, the kit is around 1.6kg, which means that the calculation needs to be for 1.5-2kg to allow for packaging (appx 150/200gr I think). If you are international, the price is $260+Intl postage+$5 for packaging materials the extra $15 is to cover the Paypal fees). Go to: http://auspost.com.a...calculator.html and select Overseas (parcels) and check out weights. Generally better value can be had by combining weight - eg: 2 kits =3-3.5kg and usually makes shipping cost per kit half.

I've put together a quick (actually, it is 30mins...) video showing what is included and how it all goes together so if you are trying to figure out what is included and how difficult / easy it is, give it a watch. It is so beautifully simple to put together.
Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdKQ31dLl28

If you are ready to pay - the information you need is here:
https://docs.google....?usp=send_form�

Based on the first survey I did, I'm looking at getting heating elements and stainless plates to make the build process easier. So there is a quick survey about that. The only question you have to complete is the one saying - Yes I will be responsible for the kit I build, not Lael (basically - you build it, you are responsible for it). Once you submit that, you'll get account details to put the money into, and I can start ordering parts! (I'll actually wait a little until we get enough people paid for this to go ahead). I'll add payment status to the above list once it starts coming in.

A BIG Thank You! to Austin and the Admin crew for giving me supporter status to allow me to handle all the messages coming through. Super appreciated!

Hi lael I remember a while back we talked about how you were hunting down a supply of pots and mesh screen. I sent you an email with details of a screen supplier. I know you have been busy with the kit but wondered if you had made any inroads on pots and screen?

Unfortunately I can't make it to the castle hill comp this year so won't be able to discuss this face to face

Beers croz

Hi lael

I'm also after any info you have on pots, preferably 100L

Cheers

Hey Lael,

Things are looking great! I think this has been answered already but I'm having trouble unburying it from the rest of the thread. What is the thread diameter on the temperature probe? I'm using this for a recirculating 2V HERMS so need to work out how I'm getting the probe on to the HEX outlet.

Cheers for your ongoing hard work! I was pretty anxious to get the controller and get going as soon as possible after paying, but have happily settled into a relaxed build of considering and reconsidering and deciding differently than my original plan. For the first time in my life I'm actually enjoying tinkering :)

Mardoo said:
Hey Lael,

Things are looking great! I think this has been answered already but I'm having trouble unburying it from the rest of the thread. What is the thread diameter on the temperature probe? I'm using this for a recirculating 2V HERMS so need to work out how I'm getting the probe on to the HEX outlet.

Cheers for your ongoing hard work! I was pretty anxious to get the controller and get going as soon as possible after paying, but have happily settled into a relaxed build of considering and reconsidering and deciding differently than my original plan. For the first time in my life I'm actually enjoying tinkering :)
Hey Mardoo - Thanks for the kind words :)

10mm diameter. Nice and easy.

What connection is the HEX? 1/2" bsp?

crozdog said:
Hi lael I remember a while back we talked about how you were hunting down a supply of pots and mesh screen. I sent you an email with details of a screen supplier. I know you have been busy with the kit but wondered if you had made any inroads on pots and screen?

Unfortunately I can't make it to the castle hill comp this year so won't be able to discuss this face to face

Beers croz
Hey croz,

Happy to meet up over some beers somewhere and talk :) The first mesh ppl I went with were not great. I've got a new supplier that looks the goods. Samples should ship soon.

Pots - I've got a supplier I'm happy with for pots, I need to find out a) how many ppl are interested and b) what sizes. I guess I should start another thread for that lol.

Hi Lael, also very interested in your beautiful controller kit. If I were to pay today, when could I expect to receive it? I live in the U.S.

Thanks much!
Brian
Maryland, USA

Hi Brian,

I should be able to start shipping units at the end of the month. So, depending on how long AusPost takes to get it to Maryland ( I would guess under a week) early Sep?

The components can handle up to 20A@240 for heating elements - so 120v is fine.

Cheers,

Lael

Latest posts

Back