The Beer Frontier..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brown_hound

Reaction score
Hey all..

Stumbled upon this show on Youtube thanks to a link posted by a fellow brewer...

Might I say bloody informative for a person (such as myself) delving into not only the world of AG homebrewing, but beers outside of the megaswill genre...

Up until episode 8ish they've covered, and given good detail on: Pilseners, APA, EPA, Brown Ale, Imperial stout, Porters, Amber Ales etc...
I know if you dig deep enough it's all here, but for a newbie gaining a grasp? To have it all painted in pretty pictures on the TV screen makes the learning process far easier.

The (very) basic step by step procedures outlined by their resident "homebrewer" guide you episode through episode on how to AG brew...

Wish it was BIAB though!!!

They also roam the Victorian countryside interviewing brewers from various independant microbreweries..

Sorry bout the rant guys... I'm sure many of you already know 'bout it, thought some of the "fresher" AG brewers (once again, same as myself) could truly benefit from having a quick geezer at this..

Question though............. Why do the main hosts always... always look like rabbits caught in a spottie!? Talented men with talented palates out of their depth in TV?

Judge for yourself...

Good to see a Channel 31 offering that's not Fundmentalist Christians stalking up and down a stage ranting :blink:

The show has its own site that makes it easier to sort out the episodes: link

:beerbang:

It's on channel 31 in melbourne on saturday nights - although finished for the season. I only caught the last two episodes.

Hey Brown hound
The best way to view all 13 episodes is through this link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebeerfrontiertv?feature=mhum

which takes you to the 'channel'.

regards
a rabbit inn the spottie ( Gage)

Hey all..

Stumbled upon this show on Youtube thanks to a link posted by a fellow brewer...

Might I say bloody informative for a person (such as myself) delving into not only the world of AG homebrewing, but beers outside of the megaswill genre...

Up until episode 8ish they've covered, and given good detail on: Pilseners, APA, EPA, Brown Ale, Imperial stout, Porters, Amber Ales etc...
I know if you dig deep enough it's all here, but for a newbie gaining a grasp? To have it all painted in pretty pictures on the TV screen makes the learning process far easier.

The (very) basic step by step procedures outlined by their resident "homebrewer" guide you episode through episode on how to AG brew...

Wish it was BIAB though!!!

They also roam the Victorian countryside interviewing brewers from various independant microbreweries..

Sorry bout the rant guys... I'm sure many of you already know 'bout it, thought some of the "fresher" AG brewers (once again, same as myself) could truly benefit from having a quick geezer at this..

Question though............. Why do the main hosts always... always look like rabbits caught in a spottie!? Talented men with talented palates out of their depth in TV?

Judge for yourself...

Hey Brown hound

regards
The Gage?

G'day there mate.. I have to say I'm starstricken.

I have to admit, my post about your show was never intended as a shameless plug!

It is a well concocted, well balanced show of well-informed and independant reviews and ideals.

No need for the link Gage... Spent all day finishing off the season on Youtube already... With one or two Duvels... I agree with your one 5

Congratulations on doing as well as you have with the show, and hopefully as the awareness increases on this forum, the ratings reap the benefits also...

Tell Ben to keep up the good work with his 3V, but an idea? Push BIAB!!! it's the easiest way to get all grain brewing for each and every kit/extract homebrewer.... Loads of info on this site about it...

Hopefully in the next season, the spottie dims just... A freckle...

Welcome to the foray.. Look forward to hearing from you..

James.

Help me please
I have just stupidly given everyone access to my youtube account.
How do I contact an administrator to remove the code in the last post.
regards

Hey Brown hound

regards

Help me please
regards

:lol:

Gage forgive me, but just below your avatar it says you're an amateur brewer... Is that true??

Help me please
regards
Nothing wrong with the link, it doesn't log into your account, just shows all the videos.

Brownhound
It is not as simple as that but I don't want to irritate anyone by misusing this serious AG forum.
do you want to follow me to the 'off topic forum' and I will start a new topic 'the beer frontier'
Gage

:lol:

Gage forgive me, but just below your avatar it says you're an amateur brewer... Is that true??

Brownhound
It is not as simple as that but I don't want to irritate anyone by misusing this serious AG forum.
do you want to follow me to the 'off topic forum' and I will start a new topic 'the beer frontier'
Gage
You won't... Surely..

Keep on and entertain sir!

Any plans for season 2?

Dabbling in a few more lagers? You've covered ales well...

Just watched the episode on English Pale ales. They said Barons pale ale was English, but its American style.

I have watched all the shows and even watched the repeats on Chan 31. I even got the g/f into it (who hates the taste of beer but likes it as my craft)

I cant wait for another season

Its not Holywood and if it was i may not watch it, but its local, fun and really interesting. A great change to the dribble thats on most TV time slots these days.

I'd love to see Enzo's cooking recipe's on their website tho.

I have watched all the shows and even watched the repeats on Chan 31. I even got the g/f into it (who hates the taste of beer but likes it as my craft)

I cant wait for another season

Its not Holywood and if it was i may not watch it, but its local, fun and really interesting. A great change to the dribble thats on most TV time slots these days.

I'd love to see Enzo's cooking recipe's on their website tho.

Definitely a +1 to recipes on their website!!!

Latest posts

Back