The Battered Sav Brewery Shed Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sav

Brewing at the battered's shed
Reaction score
I have begun the build of my perfect brewing area THE shed ,a man cave.It will be a 6x3 shed 2x4 high insulated roof and walled down the middle,the left hand side will be a work shop for all my crap with a PA door.And the other side will be the brewery wiht a 2,1/2 mtr roller door,with sink running water plumbing back to the tank for plate chiller fermenting fridge and enough power the run the herms and so on.

I will post more pics as I build over time cheers

SAV :icon_cheers:

jamies_iphone_pics_010.JPG

An another pic The spa will be moved as soon as we can the concrete grinded out from our room.We are running out of funds.

sav

jamies_iphone_pics_012.JPG

I have begun the build of my perfect brewing area THE shed ,a man cave.It will be a 6x3 shed 2x4 high insulated roof and walled down the middle,the left hand side will be a work shop for all my crap with a PA door.And the other side will be the brewery wiht a 2,1/2 mtr roller door,with sink running water plumbing back to the tank for plate chiller fermenting fridge and enough power the run the herms and so on.

I will post more pics as I build over time cheers

SAV :icon_cheers:

Oh man if only I could keep my work shop stuff in a 3x3m area, it spreads, it spreads...

Oh man if only I could keep my work shop stuff in a 3x3m area, it spreads, it spreads...

I am going to try we have moved 4 timies in tree years so its thinning,I dont paint at home any more so its good less shit
sav

Will be keen to see pictures of the brew cave as it progresses.
Maybe leave the spa there? Is it a heated spa? Large recirculating temperature controlled mash tun? Just needs a false bottom! :D

I had a busy day yesterday I got a fair bit done to the brewery shed I need to bolt her down and start cutting in the door headers.

cheers sav

Jamies_iphone_013.JPG

thats one hardcore shed sav :super:

i really miss my shed, oh well one day i will have a shed again

cheers matho

Awesome - Brewery & Spa... or is that going to be one huge arse brew kettle?

Mate, this looks like it'll be awesome!

Sav,

How are you going to screw 2 roof sheets onto 1 top hat on the ridge?

I have the same idea for my back yard. 6x3m but I will have a 4m brewery and a 2m garden shed as I only have a few gardening tools to keep in it.

Keep up the good work, Drewy

Sav,

How are you going to screw 2 roof sheets onto 1 top hat on the ridge?

I have the same idea for my back yard. 6x3m but I will have a 4m brewery and a 2m garden shed as I only have a few gardening tools to keep in it.

Keep up the good work, Drewy

I was thinking the same... You should have a top batten/purlin for each plane on the roof (I understand you may have a different way of doing things though....) Great sized shed! Very jealous.

I was thinking the same... You should have a top batten/purlin for each plane on the roof (I understand you may have a different way of doing things though....) Great sized shed! Very jealous.

You had me thinking about the single ridge purlin but it says because its under 6 metres a double ridge purlin is not needed.It makes sense to have 2 because its on the same degree as the pitch of the roof and it gives something for the ridge cap to screw into,I might change this if I have enough purlins.

cheers guys I didnt even think of it
sav.

Will be keen to see pictures of the brew cave as it progresses.
Maybe leave the spa there? Is it a heated spa? Large recirculating temperature controlled mash tun? Just needs a false bottom! :D

There's nothing false about savvy's bottom! It's a shocker!

Looking good mate ... the shed, not the bottom. Look forward to trying the next Rye ESB out of the new setup. :icon_cheers:

You had me thinking about the single ridge purlin but it says because its under 6 metres a double ridge purlin is not needed.It makes sense to have 2 because its on the same degree as the pitch of the roof and it gives something for the ridge cap to screw into,I might change this if I have enough purlins.

cheers guys I didnt even think of it
sav.

Yeah just because the code says you don't need it doesn't mean it isn't a good idea. It will make your like easier too :beer:

Got a PA door in today,I am loving this build.

sav

Jamies_iphone_001.JPG

Updates on the brew shed coming close to the end just the roof to go lots of cuts,But it has been a good build.

sava

Jamies_iphone_009.JPG

And another piture of the brew area.
sav

Jamies_iphone_011.JPG

Comming along nicely. Is the brew area getting a roller door? If so what happens when the weather comes in and you want to brew? Lock yourself in?

Drew

Back