The Aussie Way

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had disagreements with a few brewers on this sight, but for the most part, they are friendly disagreements. And those people are actually some of the ones that I respect the most. Everyone is entitled to opinion, and for the most part on this site, the view is taken that "I don't necessarily agree, but I do see where you're coming from...here's an alternate opinion for your consideration." This, to me, is how life should be....alternate viewpoints, not necessarily in agreement, but all made with the best of intention, for the betterment (is that a word?) of the craft.

of course you get the d#$%heads and trolls as well....but thankfully, they are in the vast minority.

The wealth of knowledge on here is amazing....you can put up a question that is easy (what temperature should I ferment an ale at?) or one that is hard (how can I mash to achieve a full bodied, full flavoured beer that comes in at only 2%abv?), and you're bound to find an answer to it.

But the thing I like most, and I think that many of the more advanced brewers on here would concur, is being able to help others, to raise the awareness of brewing and how to brew, to help people improve if they choose to do so, through the format of their preferred brewing practice, or the advancement into more advanced methods. Others have helped me so much, through the (sadly now defuct) Grumpys forum, and on here, that I feel a need to give back as much as I can, in any way that I can. Karma is a wonderful thing...and no, my name is not Earl.

But the thing I like most, and I think that many of the more advanced brewers on here would concur, is being able to help others, to raise the awareness of brewing and how to brew, to help people improve if they choose to do so, through the format of their preferred brewing practice, or the advancement into more advanced methods. Others have helped me so much, through the (sadly now defuct) Grumpys forum, and on here, that I feel a need to give back as much as I can, in any way that I can. Karma is a wonderful thing...and no, my name is not Earl.

Couldnt have said it better myself there fella :beer:
Cheers
Steve

:super:

I remember how great it was for someone to lead me in the right direction. I try and pass as much on as i can without pushing my ways or opinions on people........... as is the way with so many on here (edit: not pushing ways :))........... i think thats what makes it great.

People "OFFER" their opinions for the question asker to take or leave what they want or what can or cant help them.

I remember making phone calls to GT at grumpys while i was mashing and he was trying to work and saying........... Ahhhhh ive stuffed it.... what do i do.

we didnt have 8 or 9000 members to pick the minds on back then.

cheers

Disagreements on how to brew, equipment, recipie styles etc are natural. Tis' fantastic to read all the opinions to a post you put up. You may go one way...or the other...or choose the middle ground. The point is the info is put out there for all to use and see.

Just hit the PayPal button above. First forum I'm a member that I have.

Feel better now :beer:

C'mon everyone chip in . . . . . .

Cheers
Bruce

Great site/forums ... I'd almost suggest there is too much (good) information!
Not more than 2 weeks ago I was happy to getting a couple of fermenters and was going to buy a brew-tin from the Supermarket (how else do you make Homebrew?) ... then I found this site.
Now I have the esky turned into a mash tun and have 4kg of grain to turn into beer ... look what you all made me do! :)

I love this forum. I'd be feeling lost in the world of homebrew without it.

Back